Any Speedworld (AZ) regulars here?

-

ab7fh

Reaction score
Does anyone on this site call Speedworld their "home track"? I've been out there a few times and have seen quite a few nice A-bodies out there.

I used to race at Firebird when it first opened, but these days I'm about an hour and a half away from there. I live less than 5 miles from Speedworld.

If a moderator could move this to the South West forum that would be great. Sorry about that;)

Used to be out there almost every weekend, but now I'm in california... :(

i try to go once in awhile but haven't gone in a long time. i never ran at firebird since most of my friends like the atomsphere at speedworld better.

My buddy Jerry Spearn is a sometimes starter/track worker at Speedworld, when his crane operator job allows. He's the guy with several sick Volkswagons that usually run low 11's. I visit the track when I come out for vacation, as far as I'm concened Speedworld beats Firebird hands down. I have a ton of pics form my last trip, here's one of my Dakota R/T at the track, and a couple of Jerry at his post.
alan627b
He's the guy at the starter position, who looks like an spokesman for a supremicist group!

DSC09037 (Small).JPG

DSC09105 (Small).JPG

DSC09000 (Small).JPG

DSC09038 (Small).JPG

My buddy Jerry Spearn is a sometimes starter/track worker at Speedworld, when his crane operator job allows.

I have a couple friends who work there too. John Leslie is one of their Tech guys, and Chris Gee, works at the gate.

I'm the fuel guy out there. I also do tech, staging and the water box occationally.

I probably met some of you guys while I was out there....that track is top notch as far as I'm concerned! I was the big guy hanging around with Jerry back in February and a March. I know I hung out with the fuel guy on several occasions, since we were both Mopar nuts....forgive me if your name escapes me at the moment!
Might be back out there this winter or next spring, depending on how work goes back here! Take care guys.
Alan Hynes
alan627b

DSC08746 (Small).JPG

I also run a Dodge Colt with a 502 BBM and the wife has a '72 Cuda with a 452 BBM.

COOL,
Thanks again for loaning me a helmet last time I was out.
D. Fowler was here yesterday. I was showing him some stuff on here and saw the Speedworld thread but I didn't connect about the fuel until I read this again today.
Joe

No problem, Joe. You know if at all possible I will help.
Tell Dale I have his headers in my truck and will return them to him. Probably Saturday some time.

NB is as onry as every. We will have both cars out for the Northern Arizona Shootout in two weeks.

Chuck, it was good to meet you at the track tonight. Thanks for the info on local shops.

-
Back