any suspension tips?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Is there some cheap tips for improving the suspension. Such as taking off from a stop. Would better shocks help than my current monroes. I was looking at pinion snubbers, but can't find any for an 8 1/4 rear-end. My leaf springs are new as are the factory style shackles. I like "just suspensions" ground pounder idea but a little expensive. Any ideas/tips?

Thanks

Put some front drag shks or blown out wasted shocks on the front w/ slant 6
torsion bars.
Then if you have a sway bar on the front take it off or oval the link bushings so it doesn't bind the front suspension.
Then if you have 4 corner scales you can play with the torsion adjusters to adjust load on the rear wheels [to make more even or what ever your goal is] other wise you can spend a lot of money and buy ss springs or cal tracks and drag shocks pinion snubber ect.

You will never hook on regular street radials. Put some drag radials on it first, Then tune the suspension from there.

yea mancini has the snubbers, Also you can clamp your leafsprings toward the front that helped mine

I'm not playing dumb. What constitutes "improving the suspension"? If you're wanting to hook up for straightline use, 3404spdvaliant had good suggestions.

I set the Demon up for road work. I'm using Monroe Gasmatics which are an improvement over stock. Also changed bushings from rubber to polygraphite. Using anti-sway bars front and rear, which reduces body roll.

I had the front end set up for maximum postive caster which helps turn-in. A lot of positive caster ups the steering effort required. I use a cop car (Firm Feel) PS box.

To help keep the rear end in line I fabricated a Watts link. You could use a Panhard rod or track bar to do the same thing.

-
Back