Any Takers!

-

65WaxUcuda

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Alright Mopar guys. I was at the shop today and decided to make a aluminum glove box to fit in my 65 barracuda. Well my folks run a sheet metal buisness so i got access to that and tools no problem. So i worked out some templates and figured out a couple ways to get it in there well..... **** didnt work. So im asking for you guys to maybe point me in the right way of doing this, maybe someone has done this or has a idea for me. Im trying to remember what the original glove box in there looked like. Someone if anyone has a photo or layout. Its not that its difficult just a little confusing and hell im not the type of person that does things half ***.

-Jeff

I would do it in two pieces.Having one piece bigger than the other so you can fold it down like a tent trailer,one covering the other up.This way the two pieces slide into each other and can be put into the glove box and opened and screwed into place.This is done with counter sunk screws to give a flush finish.I would order a new glove box and get the right dimensions and do some trial fits,and a used dash to try it on.Mrmopartech

If you have an old liner that is ugly but one piece cut it so it can be unfolded into one flat piece and use that for a pattern. Were you cut it don't forget to add some material for the overlap.

-
Back