Any thoughts on K&N oil filters?

-

Dartish

Reaction score
After my recent oil pressure issues with a new Mopar oil filter, thanks to everyone who replied with ideas, I'm wondering if anybody runs K&N oil filters on daily drivers. Also thinking of adding Hyper Lube oil supplement to 10 a 30 synthetic blend. Any thoughts good or bad?

I have one on right now, I like the ability to get a 3/4" socket or wrench on the bottom of them to tighten and loosen them. I think they're a good filter.

I have one on right now, I like the ability to get a 3/4" socket or wrench on the bottom of them to tighten and loosen them. I think they're a good filter.
I`ve got a shorty on my 505, for clearance reasons. I like the nut on the filter also, but it seems awful expensive for an oil filter. think I paid 12 bucks for it at Walmart .

They are over rated.......but the nut on the filter is nice.

Store I went to was out of six shorties so went with the K&N for $15. Gonna try a bottle of Hyper Lube just for kicks to see if it quiets that junk summit lifter that started ticking one morning. Goes away after a second or less, but it shouldn't be bleeding off at all with a few thousand miles, always good oil and never been revved hard more than a couple seconds.

-
Back