Any tips for using stainless braided hose and AN fittings?

-

340_833 dart

Reaction score
I've got a remote oil filter adapter on my Dart and want to use stainless braided hose and AN fittings installing of the ugly black rubber hose and barbed fittings.
I've already got all the pieces ordered but am wondering if anybody has any tips for; 1) cutting the hose without fraying the ends and; 2) installing the AN fittings onto the hose.

Thanks.

Wrap the hose with duct tape, cut through the tape. Leave the tape on, use some motor oil on the inside of the hose and also the fittings, push like hell and then thread the last peice on.

Riddler

I use black tape and cut thru it. Don't forget to slide the AN nut on first. And use gloves and lube. An old man once told me " USE A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID, YOU CAN STRETCH A KNATS *** OVER A TELEPHONE POLE WITH A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID"

Tried them all. Best by far Tape the hose, mark length cut with grinder & wafer wheel. Cut slowly ang let the wheele do the work

Don't forget the Band-Aids...Went to the Earls black nylon.Works good, you can't put too tight of a bend in it...........

I use anti seize if screwing into steal/iron, anti seize or oil on threads that are alum to alum. Dont oven tighten, they have AN wrenches and an attachement for a bench vise for assembly, so cool. You can line an end wrench with some thin tape so not to scratch em in a pinch.

Electrical tape, cut off wheel, anti sieze to help them slide right in. I've heard that some oils and other fluids cause the hose to swell and dont also get a good fit. Make sure you were mechanics gloves the hoses will tear your fingers up.

I've tried em all. Fragola products work the best. Summit just started selling there fittings. Masking Tape and cut off wheels work the best. You can mark the tape easy for cutting . Lube the hose and fitting with 3n1 oil is recomended by suppliers.. Fragola fittings push on all others screw in to the hose leaving pieces of rubber to contaminate the system. How many guys out there had a piece get caught in there carb. needles when they forgot to blow the hose out. With fragola fittings this does not happen. And there so much easier to work with. Fragola is the first choice for NASCAR.

Believe or not , i have wrapped the part i was cutting with tape .... just the rest of members ... but i used a 2X4 , laid hose on it , and used a "SHARP" chisel and hammer , and to cut the line ... it was quick and hose when back to original shape and braided cut clean...

-
Back