Any tried A/C Setup from 1980's M_Bodies?

-

archlab

Reaction score
I've always thought that M-Bodies had a lot of Swap potential for
1960-70's A-Bodies. I have pulled brake, rears, suspension, electrical, fuel, engine, manifolds, etc,etc off of an '85 5th Avenue & put them on a couple of '67-68 B/Cudae.

One thing I'd like to try (since I have it) is to pull the a/C system from the 5th Ave & install into my '67 B/Cuda.

Barring interior vents(& maybe controls), this looks pretty straightforward. Has anyone tried this successfully?

Yes I have pull the complete a/c out and put in my 66 dart just use my mopar under dash unit and charge it some r12 I had

If you go with this swap, please post some pics along the way. I have an '88 Gran Fury that I could get a system from...
Thanks,
C

The only swap I've done was with the compressor. I put a Nippondenso compressor off of a Nissan in place of the heavy non-efficient stock one. The swap you are talking about doing will be very interesting to see done.

I've always thought that M-Bodies had a lot of Swap potential for
1960-70's A-Bodies. I have pulled brake, rears, suspension, electrical, fuel, engine, manifolds, etc,etc off of an '85 5th Avenue & put them on a couple of '67-68 B/Cudae.

One thing I'd like to try (since I have it) is to pull the a/C system from the 5th Ave & install into my '67 B/Cuda.

Barring interior vents(& maybe controls), this looks pretty straightforward. Has anyone tried this successfully?

Well... were you able to make this swap? I'm curious since I'd like to do the same thing on my Dart. I'm mainly interested in how the M-Body heater/AC box fits under the dash and if there's interference with the wipers, if the fresh air intake lines up, etc. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi Again,
I haven't gotten anywhere on this task. However, that Georgia Summer's approaching fast...

I don't think the M body air box will work, it is configured differently.

I really haven'te done any mockups, but from what I remember, I think you're right abt the fit. However, the A-Body box might work fine, but just need to check it. I've been realy more focused on the under-hood items, which should work out.

I also like the comment about using a NipponDenso compressor.

-
Back