Any UTE from down under?

-

slant6/4speed

Reaction score
Does anyone here (maybe from Australia) have the UTE versions of the A body? For those that do not know a UTE is like a small pick-up. Think of a wagon with no top and a small cab for two.
Lynn

heres mine,65 val,1st aussie ute in US in 1988

ute & trophy.JPG

48, that is so cool! I hope to see it at a show this year...
C

Glad to see at least one made it here. I always thought that Chrysler missed one by not offering that body style in the US-Look at the Ford Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino. I think a 67 Dart pick-up would look nice....
Lynn

Glad to see at least one made it here. I always thought that Chrysler missed one by not offering that body style in the US-Look at the Ford Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino. I think a 67 Dart pick-up would look nice....
Lynn
ya chrysler missed the boat by not makin them here,would have been a big seller,they did make a 67-69 ute with a dart front clip,i have a 69 dart wagon,sl 6 3spd

My Dad has a 72 valaint ranger ute. Only done 86,000miles. Needs a respray pretty bad. He's gonna fit a four headlight front off a '77 to it 1st though.
Sorry I don't have any pics on my computer.

I have seen the UTE made from a 54 Plymouth. They made them for decades but never here in the USA. Back in the 1930's Chrysler made pick ups using standard automotive front ends like Ford. But after WWII never again-sad.
Lynn

currently working on this 67 VC ute...was stored for ten years before I bought it!!....rebiult everything suspension ,brakes and steering wise...working on custom interior

as purchased

View attachment 1.jpg

custom door panels....custom crash pad and seats being worked on!

View attachment 4.jpg

temp wheels after conversion to late stud pattern

View attachment 7.jpg

Id love to have a ute here is the states. I already get the "what is it" from my 67-68 valiant but a ute would really throw them off.

Mopar didnt miss the boat. They late to get on board in the US but offered an el camino / ranchero car/ truck in the us. The dodge rampage, plymouth scamp based on the omni charger fwd hatchback of 79 thru 86. Had the car front and pickup back.

Not rwd.but still a mopar ute.

-
Back