Any Whizzer Guys?? No spark...

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok so i was riding it and it started to act like it was running out of gas... vroom-sputter-vroom-sputter-sputter-dead...

so i had gas in the carb and cyl. tracked down that i had no spark, well tonite i added a jumper wire to the coil to ground... now have very lite spark but it is there!

any ideas?? oh and it is a 01 Whizzer Pacemaker II WC1 engine

speedo light doesn't work either

Attachments

• l_a7af028dc8deade23740b52282e524ae.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 684
  • 100_4106.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 714
  • 100_4107.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 654
ummmmmm......Use the pedals?

These things have points? They may have closed up, burned up or disintegrated. If it uses a condensor, it may be shorted out.

ummmmmm......Use the pedals?
its heavy to pedal...

These things have points? They may have closed up, burned up or disintegrated. If it uses a condensor, it may be shorted out.

no it has a CDI. there is a bolt on the "flywheel" that goes by a songle wire trigger(just grounds i think)

well i messed with it last night and now have constant spark but it is weak, i had to add grounds from the block to the frame, main harness grounds to ground, and from the coil - to ground...

new coil and CDI unit

Have you tried a new spark plug, always the first thing to replace.
Also check to see if you have water in your gas, remove the float bowl with out loosing any to see.
( noticed you were going the wrong way in the parade, LOL)

Kenny

Have you tried a new spark plug, always the first thing to replace.
Also check to see if you have water in your gas, remove the float bowl with out loosing any to see.
( noticed you were going the wrong way in the parade, LOL)

Kenny

measured the plug for ohms and it was like 1.5 if i remember... guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it... problem has been all electrical, not fuel...

and at the parade we were doing circles around a float! haha great fun!

well i have spark but is weak... so i have a new CDI and coil so i guess the stator is left...

put the DVOM to it and played hop-scotch till i got a reading, 21V AC cranking with small electric drill... could the output be to low?

does it have a kill switch on the handle bar? they can cause problems

yea already "bypassed" it, was original cause of the no spark but now at weak spark issue... i think it could be that the stator has come loose but am not sure... will pull tomarrow

ITS ALIVE!!! after almost 2yrs of messing with it on and off, thru two moves i fixed it! the stator came loose and grounded out!

pics and vid link below!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D7PvVIBAA8"]YouTube - Whizzer Fixed By Loose Stator!!!![/ame]

the stator should be like the third one, as in bolted to the block not floppy dick'in it out in the flywheel...

Attachments

• 101_4146.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 643
  • 101_4147.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 612
  • 101_4153.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 593
That's great. Glad you got it goin. What's the top speed on them things?

I hope you put some blue lock tite on those screws or they may work loose again.

That's great. Glad you got it goin. What's the top speed on them things?

mine will do 50, guy back east has a two egine whizzer that did high 80's at Bonneville and 66 on his street bike

What's it do in the 1/8th at SpeedWorld? lol j/k

You friggin tinker too much, like me...

i need a new belt for the front so it will grab but i would try it!

I hope you put some blue lock tite on those screws or they may work loose again.

of course! its a 400 dollar stator if its broke!

yea its great to have it running again! now i just need a springer front end, white tires, and an olive green paint job!

LOL! Orange County Whizzers! :rambo:

I was watching some auction show and they had a 50's Whizzer on there. Guy got 2 grand for it.

-
Back