Any wood workers on the board??

-
That "Urn House" is very nice and I can picture him watching over you when you built it. The staircase is cool and a good use of space for a kids room, fathers always seem to come up with some pretty interesting ideas for their kids rooms to use otherwise wasted space. I respect all tools but most power tools with grab you real quick and really put a hurt on you before you know what hit you, I'm lucky to have all my original parts at 69, I would like to think that its because I work safety and not just lucky. I have a 1/4" Rockwell router that was the first power tool I ever bought, I think its 48 or 49 years old. I have replaced the bearings in it but to this day it still works great....just don't use it that often because I delegate the work to my Porter Cable routers. I just bought a new Porter Cable 7518 router for the router table Im building, its 5 speed, 10,000-21,000 and weighs 14.5 pounds and has whats called, "soft start" so its not ripped out of your hand when you turn it on. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Have you used the Pocket hole jig?

Use it ALL the time. The last job i did probably had hundreds of those bastards in it... i hate the square drive screws.. wish they were torx drive but yeah, they just work and work good.

Also use a lot of domino's. This bar is Bay laurel, 15/16s thick. All book matched. Hand milled.

20191106_152912_zps5msj3rg3.jpg

20190412_143140_zpsftglbz9c.jpg

Not the same as wood turning but i do a fair amout of high end wood work.

Last edited:
Use it ALL the time. The last job i did probably had hundreds of those bastards in it... i hate the square drive screws.. wish they were torx drive but yeah, they just work and work good.

Also use a lot of domino's. This bar is Bay laurel, 15/16s thick. All book matched. Hand milled.

View attachment 1715430483

View attachment 1715430482

Not the same as wood turning but i do a fair amout of high end wood work.
Very cool, always looking for non common wood for turning, even brought some Palm Nuts back from Africa on my last trip. Apple is a beautiful wood as are most of the fruit woods. They probably use the square drive because it hooks up quicker than the torx does especially when you can't see the head of the screw.

Last edited:
The bay laurel realy took some time to grow on me but once it was finished and installed it looks great.
Its not straight and is not easy to work but it smells great.

In that build out i did almost 800 sg feet of bar top. If you ever go to a SF giants game stop by the mission bay wine and cheese bar. You can see it for your self. (Its about one block from the field and 2 blocks from the new chase center.)

-
Back