Anybody been into Karting Lately?

-

J-c-c

Reaction score
I did a decent amount in the 60's.
I got a grandson and a granddaughter soon I want to expose them to the sport.
At this point I'm not much into the competitiveness as much as the fun, the skills learned, and car control.
Any tips/guidance?

I did a decent amount in the 60's.
I got a grandson and a granddaughter soon I want to expose them to the sport.
At this point I'm not much into the competitiveness as much as the fun, the skills learned, and car control.
Any tips/guidance?
IMG_20201006_134705.jpg

IMG_20210120_142720.jpg

I did some a few years ago but ended up selling it..
One thing I did was go to the local tracks and see what everybody was doing, especially in my age group.. If you get into the two stroke stuff everything gets exponentially more expensive.. I rode in a friends kart that was a shifter and of course, it was faster in the straightway and the breaking but
It wasn't any faster in the corners.
The world formula class was the biggest class for the older guys like us was a the biggest class where I live... So it wasn't as expensive once you had everything set up.
I would check and see what everyone's doing In your area, a lot of stuff back east is dirt track which to me would be more fun.... It can get expensive as everything or almost anything comes from europe...

We go to the indoor electric kart track 10 miles from the house. Its cheaper to drag race!
Karting indoors is $100 for 4 races.. 2 rounds for me and 2 rounds for my daughter.

It's quite a bit different to drive a kart and be fast as yiu have to really manage steering inputs and leaning out in the turns to lift the inside rear tire due to no rear differential.

It is fun however and the place gives you printouts of each lap and session.

-
Back