Anybody done a custom cluster for Early A??

-

scamp80602

Life Long MOPAR Man
Reaction score
Has anybody made (or had made) a custom instrument cluster for a 63-66 A?? If so, I would like to see pics and get some info about what you have. Thanks!

It's not mine; I wish it was. Here is one I found on here or BBD.com a while back. If anyone know who's it is, please speak up.

Instrument Panel.jpg

I'm working on one that resembles a 66 Barracuda dash. I had the face plate plasma cut out of 1/8 " steel and it will have all Autometer gauges. I can post a pic soon. Heck, I could even send you the CAD drawing if you like it.

my son in law has a custom odometer in his... it goes backwards!! I think someone rebuilt it and put the wrong odometer numbers in it... we'll be pulling it out soon and swapping the odo out with the one in his spare speedo.

65 Valiant signet

Solid Oak .. countersunk Autometer guages.. electric speedometer
hole cut for aftermarket air conditioning billet controls later.
modern radio

used original light and wiper controls

DSCN0392.JPG

DSCN0390.JPG

Tincup - that's awesome! I'm looking at a 65 Dart GT for a resto. That could be easily modified. I can see a machine turned back plate with a smoked plexi front face with the machine turned back plate exposed at the edges and bottom - could be totally awesome! Can you part with a copy of the .dwg?

Tincup - that's awesome! I'm looking at a 65 Dart GT for a resto. That could be easily modified. I can see a machine turned back plate with a smoked plexi front face with the machine turned back plate exposed at the edges and bottom - could be totally awesome! Can you part with a copy of the .dwg?
Sure, I'll send it to you tomorrow.

Here are some pic's of my custom dash.

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 087.jpg

here is my 66 dash,, i think i was one of the first to do a custom guage set up using the orignal dash bezel,,,most were screwing sheet metal to the dash and cutting holes for the gauges,,i hated that look,,wasnt race car is was cobbled together look,, i did this in 1996, and am soon gonna restore another dash bezel to look new same set up

fstfish66  digitial oct 2007 043.jpg

fstfish66  digitial oct 2007 040.jpg

fstfish66  digitial oct 2007 039.jpg

-
Back