Anybody ever buy USA made rotors from Jim’s Auto Parts?

-
Who said they're made in the U.S.A.??..If it was anyone at Jim's I WOULDN'T trust them he is a "RIPOFF" run away before you spend(WASTE) money with him..

It does not say "Made in USA". What it says is "Made with high grade US steel". That could mean that the raw material comes from the USA and is cast and/or machined in the Chi-Com region of the world. Which means there is a 75% chance they screwed something up. Or, I don't know, because this type of brake rotor is not ever made from "steel". They are all cast iron!

Spoke to Cass At Dr Diff, he is doing brake kits all in house now. I have built my car from his site, worth every penny his knowledge is worth something too.

I don't do business with Jim's Auto Parts after my first experience with them... Very rude @ssholes...

Last edited:
Are you converting over from drum to disc??..If so I did this swap last year went with Wilwood(highly recommend them)CAN'T be touched for fit,finish,quality or easy of installing..

Are you converting over from drum to disc??..If so I did this swap last year went with Wilwood(highly recommend them)CAN'T be touched for fit,finish,quality or easy of installing..
I’m using original 67-72 Kelsey Hayes components. I’m just looking for some USA made rotors.

It does not say "Made in USA". What it says is "Made with high grade US steel". That could mean that the raw material comes from the USA and is cast and/or machined in the Chi-Com region of the world. Which means there is a 75% chance they screwed something up. Or, I don't know, because this type of brake rotor is not ever made from "steel". They are all cast iron![/QUOTEHere’s what it says
It does not say "Made in USA". What it says is "Made with high grade US steel". That could mean that the raw material comes from the USA and is cast and/or machined in the Chi-Com region of the world. Which means there is a 75% chance they screwed something up. Or, I don't know, because this type of brake rotor is not ever made from "steel". They are all cast iron!

Actually, it does say “made in USA”.
Here’s what it says...

FRONT DISC BRAKE ROTORS
*These are The Restoring Choice for high quality suspension parts, made in USA -
NOT the Taiwan low quality as offered elsewhere.
Common complaints of these inferior low-priced rotors are: rotors going out of round in less than a year and made with inferior Taiwan steel. Ours are made with high grade US steel.

At any rate, based on Jim’s poor BBB rating and FABO’s input, I don’t intend to buy anything from this shyster.

Actually, it does say “made in USA”.
Here’s what it says...

FRONT DISC BRAKE ROTORS
*These are The Restoring Choice for high quality suspension parts, made in USA -
NOT the Taiwan low quality as offered elsewhere.
Common complaints of these inferior low-priced rotors are: rotors going out of round in less than a year and made with inferior Taiwan steel. Ours are made with high grade US steel.

At any rate, based on Jim’s poor BBB rating and FABO’s input, I don’t intend to buy anything from this shyster.

Oh yeah, I see that now. But since it's "Jims" I'd still be very wary. Sometime, vendors take cheap generic Chinesium parts and throw them in new boxes with "Made in USA" labels. Well, it's not totally a lie. The box was made in USA (maybe) and someone in the USA had to repackage & mark the parts. You just never know anymore.

I've seen certified aerospace engine parts, made to a MIL-spec, that failed. When the engineers and procurement people finally got to the bottom of it, the parts were re-labeled crap from the Far East. It's scary.

Oh yeah, I see that now. But since it's "Jims" I'd still be very wary. Sometime, vendors take cheap generic Chinesium parts and throw them in new boxes with "Made in USA" labels. Well, it's not totally a lie. The box was made in USA (maybe) and someone in the USA had to repackage & mark the parts. You just never know anymore.

I've seen certified aerospace engine parts, made to a MIL-spec, that failed. When the engineers and procurement people finally got to the bottom of it, the parts were re-labeled crap from the Far East. It's scary.

Jim’s Auto Parts seems exactly like the type of company that’ll do a crooked switch like that. Hell, I bet Jim doesn’t even exist! I’ll just get some rotors from my local parts store.

The word you're looking for is "counterfeit".

Did my Dart with all Doctor Diff parts. Cass is the best. You won't be sorry.

Did my Dart with all Doctor Diff parts. Cass is the best. You won't be sorry.
I was just on their webpage. I can’t seem to find the rotors. Do you have a part number?

I see they have rotors for the 73 and up but I don’t see any for the 67-72 Kelsey Hayes small bolt pattern (with 7/16” stud) type.

About a year ago I wanted to convert my front brakes to discs so I contacted Doctor Diff. However, I wanted to keep the SBP, and they told me their only conversions were the 73 and up to a LBP. So they probably don't carry the SBP rotors. I think Rock Auto has a good selection.

About a year ago I wanted to convert my front brakes to discs so I contacted Doctor Diff. However, I wanted to keep the SBP, and they told me their only conversions were the 73 and up to a LBP. So they probably don't carry the SBP rotors. I think Rock Auto has a good selection.

ANOTHER reason I went with Wilwood you can set the hubs up for small or big bolt pattern..can;t do that with the factory crap:D:D:D

The dual bolt pattern is meaningless for most applications because Wilwood hubs are too large to fit through the center of an OEM 5 x 4" bolt pattern wheel.

Earlier this year, I bought a five lug conversion kit for my Mercury Bobcat project. It includes everything to convert from the four lug 9" rotors to five lug 11" Maverick rotors, including GM metric calipers, brackets, hoses, bearings, seals.......you name it. I just knew all of it was gonna be total chinkesium. Wrong. Bearings and seals are Timken. Rotors and calipers are Wilwood. I was surprised.

-
Back