Anybody Ever Seen This Before?

-
I'm going to guess it needs a rebuild too.
But hell it's a chevy
The short block is amazingly good. Still has cross hatch, bottom end looked good. Has great oil pressure. 80 PSI hot by 1800 RPM.

The short block is amazingly good. Still has cross hatch, bottom end looked good. Has great oil pressure. 80 PSI hot by 1800 RPM.
Wow, so the metal stayed away from the pick up. Sweet.

I got every tooth out of the oil pan with a magnet. I basically reassembled the gear. As for the fine particles, the oil filter is gonna have to do it. This thing ain't gettin no more money throwed at it. So, "it is what it is".
I hear ya about the money. Sounds like it didn’t run long when it all popped. Hopefully didn’t get through the motor. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chevy engineers designed them to run with trash going through them.

I hear ya about the money. Sounds like it didn’t run long when it all popped. Hopefully didn’t get through the motor. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chevy engineers designed them to run with trash going through them.
It may have revolved for three seconds. Keep in mind, the oil pump was also stopped since it's driven off the distributor driven from the camshaft.

Here are the heads after Richie got done. I was wrong on the valve sizes. They are 2.001 and 1.55. I think that's some LS stuff, but whatever. They fit and saved from having new seats installed. He put new bronze liners in, did a multi angle competition valve job, back cut the valves and even milled them lightly to straighten them up. He also counter bored the valve bowls to open them up some and help with flow. They are a damn site better than what they were.
DSCF1963.JPG
DSCF1961.JPG
DSCF1960.JPG

This is on my buddy's 71 Chevy truck I've been workin on. It's just a warmed up 350. He blew a head gasket on it and it sat for like 7 years. Local Chevy "guru" built it. He asked me one day while I was still at O'Reilly if I would look at it and see if it was worth fixin. I did and I fixed it. It ran really good. Finally got the brakes where we wanted them and we decided it was time for him to try to drive it some. Third day he was out and came back home, pulled into his parking spot, revved it once and it went POP and quit. Wouldn't restart. Now, I never touched the timing cover. All I did was remove the heads, had them worked, cleaned it all up, put an HV oil pump in because he wanted one and put it all back together. So I got the timing cover off today and here is the carnage. WTH? Cheap parts? I cannot believe the guy didn't put at least a double row chain set in it as cheap as Chevy parts are. I turned the crank by hand and cannot feel any contact with anything whatsoever. I can turn the camshaft, but it is difficult......it does still have all the rockers adjusted, so that accounts for that I believe. I've never seen a crank sprocket shear like that.
View attachment 1715934133 View attachment 1715934134 View attachment 1715934135

CAST PART !

I busted her off this mornin. Sweetie lives again! lol

-
Back