Anybody here have a small block with those Hemi heads they used to sell?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I remember many years ago (probably about 20) some company was selling hemi heads for small block Mopars. I really liked the idea, but they were expensive. Plus, if I remember right, one had to buy their expensive intake. Does anybody on this forum have one of those small block Hemis?
Wouldn't a hot 340 Hemi be awesome?????

Stage V engineering made a kit for big blocks.
I'm not aware of the small block kit

Seems like you could build a wedge head 408 and make 500hp for much less. If you want a small block Hemi, go Gen 3.

The web site is still up.
the new hemi
No pictures of the combustion chamber. Hemi’s through gen 2 had no quench pad, something the gen 3 heads have and many say that it is not a true hemi head. Makes for a heavy pistons, but then again all mopars except the gen 3 hemi have heavy pistons along with a tall deck height. Makes you wonder what the bare head looks like.

While it is pricey, it has that “look”.
Anyway I’m more interested in making old junk fast.

And if I was going to spend huge cabbage on a hemi, it would be an Arias V6 hemi.

Last edited:
Whoever built that prototype must've spent a bunch of money doing it. It's pretty cool.

If I was going to venture a guess, I'd say he either ran out of money, or walked away from it dismayed with the performance.

Those shorty headers would be doing it no favors.

No pictures of the combustion chamber. Hemi’s through gen 2 had no quench pad, something the gen 3 heads have and many say that it is not a true hemi head. Makes for a heavy pistons, but then again all mopars except the gen 3 hemi have heavy pistons along with a tall deck height. Makes you wonder what the bare head looks like.

While it is pricey, it has that “look”.
Anyway I’m more interested in making old junk fast.

And if I was going to spend huge cabbage on a hemi, it would be an Arias V6 hemi.

Tom Hoover: grandfather of the gen 2 hemi , Okla city chrysler seminar , said to shoot for min. .060 cyl. head clearance on the hemi for max comp, and quench , (tapered sides of the gen 2 piston is the quench area ..)

-
Back