anybody here know how to bid on road construction work???

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
any of you guys know how to bid on projects that haul,mill,or even haul stone??????i am certified to bid on state and local work and have did so on some jobs...just looking to up my skill and bid power for this year..id there a program that you use or do you do it by the job break down...any help is great mike:D

Used to, 30 years ago. If memory is right; run 10 trial runs, figure fuel and time. then add in labor, plus 25% labor burden. Then cost of equipment per year, divided by hours per week, then take it down to hours.(the cost includes maintainence, and the labor for that, add that in).

Insurance, local taxes, state taxes. Add in 2 hours of f-off time per day for each driver. now throw in the cost of somebody keeping all these records, full time secretary. Now it is real money.

It sucked, trying to keep up with it.

Then add in overhead and profit, 22%

And dealing with the government, with the paperwork, rules, OSHA- double the price, it ain't worth it.

yea that's the way i do it ..thought someone might have a faster easy (on your mind) way to do it...:banghead: it runs you crazy doing all the adding and cost and fig. on the yards..man i'm getting sick thinking about it now..lol thanks for your input mike:salute:

Yes I have been doing it for 20 years. Never used a program just the old fashion way formulas and calculator. just pm me with any questions you might have and hopefully I can help

-
Back