Anybody hunting ?????

-
I don't have time to bow hunt anymore but I am going out opening day of rifle, I have been invited to a sweet spot. Looking to stock the freezer with all the deer it will hold, I love it. The it's duck/goose season and I love to duck hunt.

Bow season started here today...Oct. 4, not going out just yet but I've been out scouting and have been seeing some good signs. Runs until mid Nov. so I'll wait for the leaves to drop some more and get into the rut.

Besides that had to get the dart ready for a show tomorrow...should have some nice pictures.

I really miss gray squirrel hunting in the northeast..........

Season opens in September, but I'd usually wait until the leaves got crunchy on the ground.......Park myself in an oak grove for about 15 minutes bein' really quiet, and the woods would come alive with the critters.

I used my Ruger 10/22 with a 4-12 scope, and took clean head shots.......Really great meat too........quartered up, par boiled and then cooked on the BBQ or any way you want the pieces....3 in the bag makes a great meal.

BUT I must admit that a good young whitetail is less work and even more tasty.....especially fresh cut and pan seared with a little garlic and salt & butter................I've been working in Florida for 3 years now, and haven't hunted at all since I've been here....................dang it.

Makes me wish I was at YOUR "place of work" there..........I'd be dreamin' up a way to cuff 'em and stuff 'em.........sure wouldn't get much work done............:toothy10:

Those tree rats are some good eating.......:cheers:

Had about 140" buck right under me today but couldn't get a shot !!!! Biggest buck I ever had in bow range....:sad8:

Not likely to hunt this year but will kill some paper Saturday at a military rifle match....

l_1ea642bc755b0209236f12d4d74ac7f8.jpg

Well heel yea, I'm waiting for Nov 17, that is when Black Powder opens in LA.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------thats Lower Alabama silly, no one hunts in LA.

I shot some golf balls yesterday. used my late dad's High Standard HD Military

Went hunting tonight ddin't see anything but this squirrel sitting in a tree....:cheers::cheers:

What can I say, I was bored !!!!! :toothy10::toothy10:

005.jpg

005.jpg

-
Back