Anybody know what the redline is?

-

intergalactica

Reaction score
Hey everybody :wave:

Does anyone happen to know what the redline for a '67 273 Commando V8 is? I'm calibrating a GTech performance meter (sort of like a dyno) and it's asking me for the redline.

Thanks!

If I had a guess I'd say about 5800-6000 but I don't actually know. The redline you input into it is what you feel it is. How high do you feel you can rev it safely, and it still make power? That's what you set it at. Most any hot/well built Mopar small block engine will spin up to 6500 but do they actually make any power up there that is beneficial? Probably not. It makes no difference as far as how the G-Tech works except for the shift light.

Thanks fishy68. I guess you're right...it may only apply to the shift lights. Now all I need is an accurate weight. On Saturday morning I plan on weighing the cuda on a local truck scale and I'll post my dyno results later that night. :burnout:

Yeah post back how it goes. I had a G-tech I bought a few yrs. ago and it worked real good for awhile then all of a sudden it went bananas and don't read right and don't seem to take calibration. One of these days I might get a new one to add to my toy arsenal.

If its still got the original valve springs and the point ignition system
you could stand on it in 2nd gear and see where it planes off at.....

Or.... you could take a car load of buddies and a case of beer
out cruisin and hone it till thier all screaming shift or let me out F**KER

hey..... I was remmembering the old days before computers

-
Back