Anybody know what this is ??

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got a 1973 duster parts car and I opened the trunk and this panel was there... I have never seen one ... Does anybody know if it's rare of what's it worth?

rear panel on a duster with a fold down back seat

My 73 had the same covers, car also had the rear fold down seat.

Prevents rear tail lights and brake lights from relecting in rearview mirror when rear seat is down. Got one in my 73 dart sport. Found in junkyard years ago.

Not sure how rare it is, but sure makes the trunk look cleaner and nice, could probably sell it easy....mine also had cardboard panels on the sides.

All of the above and......These cars normally had moulded carpet covers on the wheel wells in the trunk as well as a felt like material glued onto the inner 1/4 panels in the trunk. It was just a dress up kit for cars with the folding rear seat option and possibly SE option. Nice on any Duster or Dart though :) Had a few with this in them.

shipping that will be the problem I ended up selling mine for $40 local, decent interest but the ship thing kills it ,Lawrence

Theres one on ebay now $45, with no bids if that helps.

Does it have finished side panels in the trunk? if has plastic panels covering the rear wheel wells then it has a fold down seat. If it is in good shape it work some $$

It also provides some protection to the taillights when/if you have stuff in the trunk.

I have never seen them in non-fold down seat cars before but who knows.

I had a 74 duster long time ago with the folding seat and it definitely had that panel

I have never seen them in non-fold down seat cars before but who knows. I had a 74 duster long time ago with the folding seat and it definitely had that panel[/QUOTE

Cool . I don't know if it's factory with that car or not .. It's not bolted in so most likely no.. If I had a duster I would use it .. Makes everything look a lot cleaner

My valiant is definitely not a Fold down rear seat! But, this was factory installed. The car only has 42000 on it. I think it was just a decor option.

I have one I pulled out of a '74 Dart 4-door in the junkyard a couple years ago, so they came in more than just fold-down seat cars.

With some sort of "deluxe" interior package, maybe?

My take: it might be worth a couple hundred bucks to someone doing a concours resto of a Duster/Demon that requires it!

It's gonna make yall rich. You'll never have to work again.

-
Back