Anybody made a website?

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
hey,

I was just pondering the idea of making my own website to help to get some sponsors, i would include pictures and all that stuff. A few questions.

1-How hard is it to design your page and do all that stuff?

2- Cost?

thanks

It depends on what you want to do. You may want to try a free site like Yahoo geocities just to play around.

You can also try something like Homestead. Those are around $200 for the year and the site designer is pretty simple to use. It doesnt require ant HTML code.

Or you can try something like Hostgator.com and uses a HTML editor to make your pages. Im using pagebreeze right now.

It's really not that hard. Comcast has a web page builder for free if your using them, I built mine with MS Front Page but like all MS stuff it likes to weird out and the code is overly complicated, redundant and wasteful.

I plan on redoing my site with Komposer. It's free, very fast, open source and the code makes sense and is very easy on the builder's and viewer's resources. It may not be the easiest to install and use, but once you know Komposer, more advanced builders like Dreamweaver become second nature.

well i just spent the whole day on a supposed" Free website", then when i was all done and ready to publish it says that i must purchase at URL or something like that!!!!:thebirdm:

-
Back