Anybody put a procharger on a BB in an A bdy?

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
I want to put a F2 on the 499 for my Demon. Anybody done this already so I can get some tips?

Big Time Auto has a '69 Dart with a Procharger, he's a dealer for them as well I believe. He is in Plymouth Meeting, Pa.

You've seen my thread. What questions do you have?

What are the spec's on your 499"?

The 499 is a low deck KB that may have some fill. The heads are awesome B1s capable of 900 travel which flow way too much for NA. This was a nitrous motor built for KOS back in the day (I bought Mike Robbins' car) and I just don't like/trust the juice despite living within an hour of Monte Smith. Bryant A fuel crank is just under 4.00. This should be a great blower motor. I would prefer a side slinger like Big Time had but may have to go with one mounted on the crank like Big Time has now but that really exposes the motor to FOD. That, and the radiator needs a new home.

The question is will a F2 on a sideslinger mount fit inside the fenders and under the cowl hood? Judging from a crude mockup I made and the dimensions for a BB chebby F2 it looks like the space will be very tight.

Well, changed the plan and now have a V7 vortech that was on a guys 500 with E85 blow through Dominator. Will be putting it on my 540 after I drop the CR and change out the cam.

I will probably sell all or just the heads/intake off the low deck 499. Turns out the block was not filled but the sleeves are punched out to the limit 4.540. That motor is in the shop now being gone through.

-
Back