Anybody Running a 4L60?

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Does anybody here run a 4L60 behind a big or small block? What are your experiences with this swap? Considering this for my dart with a 440. I like the 4L60 because its compact and can take some serious power when built right. I have found a couple companies out there that build the bellhousings and I just happen to have a transmission already that i removed from a customers chevy pick up last year.

I will be using the 4l80 in my car.....the 4l60 is more or less an electronic 700r4, why not go with the stronger 4l80?

If you are looking for something smaller sized use the 2004R. This is the trans Buick put in the Grand Nationals and T Type Regals. They are stronger than the 700R4 and just as strong as the L60.

But being an old GM guy I wouldn't use any of their trannys. They are not good.

I used to put 833's in my GM cars

Chuck

I will be using the 4l80 in my car.....the 4l60 is more or less an electronic 700r4, why not go with the stronger 4l80?
Im just thinking the 4l60 because I have one already, and I have one already lol
If you are looking for something smaller sized use the 2004R. This is the trans Buick put in the Grand Nationals and T Type Regals. They are stronger than the 700R4 and just as strong as the L60.

But being an old GM guy I wouldn't use any of their trannys. They are not good.

I used to put 833's in my GM cars

Chuck
The 2004R probably wouldnt be a bad idea, i know they can take the power for sure if build right. I'm just thinking, being that I have a 4l60 already I can save myself some dough. Either way Im looking at a custom adaptor and convertor.

Your gonna need a controller for the trans as well.....dont forget to factor that in.

I have a 4l65e behind a 6.1 (not on the road yet), I'm happy so far w/ the fit

Awesome, thanks for the helpful links! I think this is the route we are gonna go.

Your gonna need a controller for the trans as well.....dont forget to factor that in.

I have a 4l65e behind a 6.1 (not on the road yet), I'm happy so far w/ the fit

What are you doing for the electronics part of controlling the engine/trans combo?

-
Back