Anybody running PYPES Violator?

-
I think I am going to pull the trigger and get this system. I hear alot of positive comments about PYPES. Anything is better then the set of glasspacks that are on there now

I recently bought the system for my duster, after searching the web, and listening to sound clips I went with the -Street Pro's- just to be a little more neighborhood friendly. The violators sounded good on the sound clips I heard as well as the race pro's. I'm not sure what the performance difference would be. I would check the price of them at Summit, I think they are a little cheaper, but if you prefer Jegs, I think they will price match.

I have that system but i used different mufflers. My only complaint is I wish it wasn't so close to the driveshaft. Other than that it is good.

My dad had the violator mufflers on his truck a long time ago, I Think he might have taken them off because they were too quiet? I can't remember though. I do remember the sound was a good sound just can't remember how loud it was.

What kind of sound are you after? I'm running an Pypes x-pipe system with Race-Pro muffs that dump at the axle. Violators are supposed to be their loudest because they have no packing. Thinking about trying a set and I understand some guys like the sound of them better installed backwards. Violators are directional, Race Pros are not.

Im running a 3.5" Pypes X kit with Borla XR1s and it sounds nasty. More exhaust than I need but should be perfect for a 700hp B engine in the future.

Thanks, Ya Im going for loud. I didnt know the violator mufflers could flow both ways. When I intstall them ill try that and see what sounds better to me. Now I just gotta save for a pair of dougs or ttis. Or should I just go the cheap route and buy flowtech/jegs/hooker? I dont like being cheap, but I do want to take off the iron manifolds soon.

I have their complete system, x-pipe and Street Pro mufflers, and tails but mated up to TTI headers. Love the sound, no drone whatsoever. They did the install at their shop.

IF you go with cheap headers and this kit. One side of the exhaust will fit good with just a normal header collector. The other side fits good with an S bend collector. I remember barely modifying anything, maybe a couple inches off the S collector.:thumleft:

IF you go with cheap headers and this kit. One side of the exhaust will fit good with just a normal header collector. The other side fits good with an S bend collector. I remember barely modifying anything, maybe a couple inches off the S collector.:thumleft:

Thank you SirDan, I'll keep that in mind

Keep us updated on how you ended up liking/disliking about their system and what you thought about their sound. I was looking into them as well...

Not to hijack but I just ordered a pair of Violators to try in place of the Race Pros and will post comparisons if anyone is interested.

-
Back