Anybody use Pypes X pipe

-

mistreta

Reaction score
Getting ready to finish the exhaust on my Duster. 408 with TTI headers. Talked to a tech guy at Pypes, said I need zvf10 or xvx10f. One has built in cut outs. They both are designed to fit in the drivshaft tunnel for better ground clearance. Or maybe stick with TTI X, (a lot more money, no cut outs)
but are supposed to fit great.

Thanks A bodies
Tony

I've put 2 Pypes X-pipes in cars. The hard part was not getting the X-pipe to fit right. The hard part was routing the pipe from the header to the x-pipe and getting it to clear the torsion bar crossmember.

I put one on my 70 dart. The only problem I really had was with the tail pipes. They advertise that you can use stock type tips. Mine didn't fit too well. Sent them pictures and they said the wrong tailpipes must have been in the box, so they sent me a new set no charge. have not put them on yet, but they appear to be the same that are on it and probably won't work the way I want without some altering.

Steve

I went with their x-pipe with Schumacher headers. No cutout but because it it comes in pieces I was able to fab headpipes to joint it that tuck up very nicely and fit the trans crossmember.

downpipesimg.jpg

downpipes2img.jpg

Thanks for the info.....I'll be doing something similar soon....408/TTI headers - 70 Duster.

What do you guys think of the exhaust cut outs??

-
Back