Anyone actually running 18x9.5 fronts with 6.5"+ BS?

-
oi81b4uu812b4?

Khuebner250 told you what his brake’s where in the OP, then accompanied it with pictures of the front end aligned at ride height. What was left to explain?

Not gett’in why you think torsion bars have anything to do with his suspension compression? And “Clocking” them wrong has anything to do with ride height. You don’t know what torsion adjusters are?

oi81b4uu812b4 nobody cares about or asked how close your tie rods come to your 17” rims.

72bluNblu told him a 18x10 with +42 offset will fit no problem. So why you saying 18x9’s + 30 are the only option when Khuebner250 knows they aren’t common size at all?

It don’t matter one bit what caliper he’s has, the rims fit his Mercedes 13” rotors moron!

Actually I was a bit confused as to if the OP had truly installed his suspension right because what he had done should have worked. His pictures are vague and confusing to the point it looks like he had a ride height set with 3" of air between the top of the tire and the fender lip? And no where did I read what rotor he was running...

So, no I don't feel comfortable telling someone what "should" fit, when they can't get what I know "will" fit, fit. And the OP says he can't get an 18x9 to fit? Obviously 72bluNblu feels comfortable telling someone he knows tomswheels got a 18x10" +42 OS rim to fit with a 285/35/18 tire. But, I've seen him quote this installment before even though he's not sure how it was done or what the suspension, or brakes where, at any given time with tomswheels ever evolving car. He'll just tell you the fenders got pushed out. The OP's car looks all nice and painted, I assume he wouldn't want to be pushing a fender out with the paint all pretty.

And when someone tells me 18x9 rims are uncommon and 18x9-1/2 are common in the custom rim manufacturing? I just feel it's up to them to figure it out themselves. Some people think a $200 per rim is custom, others think that means a $1000 per rim is... Either way I don't want to steer them into wasting money. But truly custom built rims you can have any offset that works instead of what's off the shelf.

And 72bluNblu likes to say I got my info on what rims are on my car from him. Which isn't true at all. I don't have the same brakes as him, my car is mini-tubbed (which he calls a "trailer queen"), I don't have the same rear axle or brakes as him, so none of his info was of use for me... I just looked at it as I could get what I bought to work with his brake package too.

So, I went out and measured my car, if I came to the conclusion that 72bluNblu was similar, and established a range of what would work on my car. And when it comes to cramming the biggest tire that fits with a "Pretty Close" alignment? Well, every 1 degree of camber moves the tire quite a bit, I just figure I need 3/16-1/4" of room to do that per degree. And if things are getting really tight, I set the car on the ground to check my clearance.

Actually I was a bit confused as to if the OP had truly installed his suspension right because what he had done should have worked. His pictures are vague and confusing to the point it looks like he had a ride height set with 3" of air between the top of the tire and the fender lip? And no where did I read what rotor he was running...

So, no I don't feel comfortable telling someone what "should" fit, when they can't get what I know "will" fit, fit. And the OP says he can't get an 18x9 to fit? Obviously 72bluNblu feels comfortable telling someone he knows tomswheels got a 18x10" +42 OS rim to fit with a 285/35/18 tire. But, I've seen him quote this installment before even though he's not sure how it was done or what the suspension, or brakes where, at any given time with tomswheels ever evolving car. He'll just tell you the fenders got pushed out. The OP's car looks all nice and painted, I assume he wouldn't want to be pushing a fender out with the paint all pretty.

And when someone tells me 18x9 rims are uncommon and 18x9-1/2 are common in the custom rim manufacturing? I just feel it's up to them to figure it out themselves. Some people think a $200 per rim is custom, others think that means a $1000 per rim is... Either way I don't want to steer them into wasting money. But truly custom built rims you can have any offset that works instead of what's off the shelf.

And 72bluNblu likes to say I got my info on what rims are on my car from him. Which isn't true at all. I don't have the same brakes as him, my car is mini-tubbed (which he calls a "trailer queen"), I don't have the same rear axle or brakes as him, so none of his info was of use for me... I just looked at it as I could get what I bought to work with his brake package too.

So, I went out and measured my car, if I came to the conclusion that 72bluNblu was similar, and established a range of what would work on my car. And when it comes to cramming the biggest tire that fits with a "Pretty Close" alignment? Well, every 1 degree of camber moves the tire quite a bit, I just figure I need 3/16-1/4" of room to do that per degree. And if things are getting really tight, I set the car on the ground to check my clearance.

I know exactly what the suspension was, exactly what the brakes were, and where that fitment was in the evolution of Tomswheels car. Tomswheels ran stock 73+ mopar disks for a long time, then replaced them with 11.75" mopar disks which he ran with 4 piston wilwood calipers. Those are the only two brake set ups he ran. He ran 1.06" torsion bars, stock 73+ spindles, and a full Hotchkis TVS kit. He pushed the front fenders 3/4" and rolled the lips. Which is why I said exactly that. No, 18x10's with 285's will not fit on a stock car, which I also said. But it was relevant to the question about the 18x9.5's because of the backspace involved.

See Toms posts on the subject...
[URL="https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/appropriate-wheel-offset-for-18-wheels.290394/page-6#post-1970656664"]Appropriate Wheel Offset for 18" Wheels?[/URL]
[URL="https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/wide-fronts-on-a-68-dart.302352/#post-1970707134"]Wide Fronts on a 68 Dart[/URL]
[URL="https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/anyone-running-amr-mustang-wheel.294135/#post-1970610285"]anyone running AMR Mustang Wheel?[/URL]

As well as a pretty complete list of his final set up. This also has a link to his build thread, which has everything he did to his car in it.
1967 Plymouth Valiant Sorted 2015 Autocross Winner, USCA, $18K obo

As far as your wheel information, man I wish I hadn't deleted the PM's. But hey, if anyone is curious where oi81b4uu812b4 got the info for his car, take a look at these threads.

73 duster 17" or 18" wheels ?
[URL="https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/another-no-mod-tire-fitment-question.327495/#post-1971265000"]Another No-Mod Tire Fitment Question[/URL]
[URL="https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/18-wheels.349256/page-2#post-1971288810"]18" wheels[/URL]

Sorry, none of your info was useful to me. I know you like to think it was. It wasn’t.

For starters with your teenage girl fight over this, You don’t know what disc brakes or rearend width I’m running. You don’t know what brakes I went with on the front. In all of my post you like to quote that I talked to you. All of it was before I actually began work in certain areas. That’s when I realized a lot of what you’re telling people over and over, is just what you are referencing that other people had done. That’s just it, it’s just reference. I actually measured my car. You’ve got an ego problem, and you know it.

This is number 27 of cars I’ve built ground up. I suppose you want credit for those. LOL I’ve never PM’d you buddy! EVER! You got into a pissing match with me over how to narrow a rearend. You sound like a douche bag trying to get acknowledgement! LOL

I worked for Delphi Chassis as an engineer for over 10 years here in Michigan.

And I’ve seen where tomswheels corrected you with spacers you never knew he ran.

The OP just needs to measure his car.

Last edited:
-
Back