Anyone believe in Ghosts ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite subjects. I love anything to do with Ghosts. Not fake movie stuff but the "real" thing. Im hooked on Discovery Channles A Haunting series, Travel Channels Most Haunted and SciFis Ghost Hunters.

My wifes Step Brother just spent to nights at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado. If your not familiar with it, its the Hotel from The Shining and is listed the #2 most Haunted Hotel. They said they didnt get much sleep in 2 nights and wouldnt stay there again. I told my wife we were going to go on Vacation there. She said no way.

I believe in them. I also watch the shows you mentioned. That is cool that your wife's stepbrother stayed in the Stanley.

Being I live in the Northwest I am also very interested in Sasquatch stories.

Chuck

Monster Qwest had a show on Sasquatch about a month ago.

I think it would be cool to do what Jason and Grant do, very interesting stuff.

Chuck

The topic of ghosts is a strange subject and I'd like to say that I don't believe but I've seen too much in my life to NOT believe. ( way too many things that hit a 12 on the weird-****-o-meter ).

as for the Sasquatch stuff, I can't wait till some old rich guy decides to throw a few mill at scanning the whole northwest with thermal imaging and finding one! I'm in FL so all we have here is the skunk-ape. "they" say it is a corresponding critter to the Sasquatch. OR if we could find the infamous "goat sucker" the Chupacabra. Man this IS fun..ok I'm done

To go to the stanley and stay for a week would be my wifes dream vacation! We went to the crescent hotel in Eureka Springs Arkansas on our honey moon, if your intersted in that sort of thing it definatley has a scary history.

This is one of my favorite subjects. I love anything to do with Ghosts. Not fake movie stuff but the "real" thing. Im hooked on Discovery Channles A Haunting series, Travel Channels Most Haunted and SciFis Ghost Hunters.

My wifes Step Brother just spent to nights at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado. If your not familiar with it, its the Hotel from The Shining and is listed the #2 most Haunted Hotel. They said they didnt get much sleep in 2 nights and wouldnt stay there again. I told my wife we were going to go on Vacation there. She said no way.

Discovery's "Haunting" and Travel's "Most Haunted" are good shows. I haven't been able to get into "Ghost Hunters".

I believe in them. I also watch the shows you mentioned. That is cool that your wife's stepbrother stayed in the Stanley.

Being I live in the Northwest I am also very interested in Sasquatch stories.

Chuck

History channel ran a marathon on "Monsters" on Christmas. One of the episodes was about Bigfoot. There are sightings all over the world but none as many or frequent as the Pacific Northwest.

The topic of ghosts is a strange subject and I'd like to say that I don't believe but I've seen too much in my life to NOT believe. ( way too many things that hit a 12 on the weird-****-o-meter ).

as for the Sasquatch stuff, I can't wait till some old rich guy decides to throw a few mill at scanning the whole northwest with thermal imaging and finding one! I'm in FL so all we have here is the skunk-ape. "they" say it is a corresponding critter to the Sasquatch. OR if we could find the infamous "goat sucker" the Chupacabra. Man this IS fun..ok I'm done

They gotta be out there somewhere. It's Bigfoot in the U.S., Sasquatch to the Inuit and Asian cultures refer to it as the Yeti. So many different people in different parts of the world can't be wrong.

Monster Qwest is a great show. I saw the ones on the giant bird that picked up a 9 year old kid and another one about a Loch Ness type creature in lake Champlain (sp?).

In regards to ghosts, I can say that I've never seen one, but I know plenty of people that I trust implicitly that have.

This photo/video has always freaked me out. blow it up and look at the face, it is not of this world: http://www.castleofspirits.com/hamptoncourt.html

I'm a big fan of Ghost Hunters/TAPS. There is a newer series on A&E called Paranormal State. These are actually students based out of Penn State and is really freaky. The one demonologist from Ghost Hunters is on sometimes.

Most people claim it's fake. It's human nature to have to logically explain things, and if they can't they claim it's fake.

There is a newer series on A&E called Paranormal State. These are actually students based out of Penn State and is really freaky. The one demonologist from Ghost Hunters is on sometimes.

I saw a few of those. I havent been able to get in to it as much as Ghost Hunters though. He seems to be good friends with the Mrs Warren who lives not to far from me.

We went to the crescent hotel in Eureka Springs Arkansas on our honey moon, if your intersted in that sort of thing it definatley has a scary history.

Thats a good one too. Did you have any experiences there ?

OK first I am a skeptic by nature, but about 10 years ago, I was watching a Pittsburgh game all hung over on the couch napping and all. I heard someone Tsk! at me quite loudly so I woke up in a haze and I thought my wife's friend was standing over by the fireplace in a long white coat. So I kinda went back to sleep kinda and I realized what the heck was she doing here and woke up very suddenly. Only when I woke there was no one there.
It freaked me out and I called her up and asked her if she was over but she wasn't.
I know someone\something was there and I saw it.

I love MonsterQuest. I'm an even bigger fan of UFO Files on the History channel. I Tivo both. UFO files was on all day Wednesday. Couldn't get enough!

I have witnessed and excorsism, that was freaky. That was in a pentecostal church, Ill never forget that service. Another weird thing happened: I was in a group using a homemade ouejie board one night. We were using small glass cups and glasses for the center piece. Each one was supposed have a different spririt in it. This one glass kept spelling die, die, die over and over. I didnt believe any of this was real untill the cup that spelled die fell off of the counter top all by itself. It had been sitting 4 or 5 inches from the edge when it fell. Nobody was near it or saw it fall, untill it broke on the floor. I was soo freaked out I left and have never played with any type of oujie board again. There is strange stuff out there for sure.

i like to watch the ghost hunter shows on discovery and read about haunted places. I live in Ohio and the Mansfield Reformatory is only about 1 hour from me. I have always wanted to go and sleep there on halloween but never could get tickets. I find it all very fascinating.

72dustyer.... that is exactly what I was talking about. definitely a 12 on a scale from 1-10

A personal story, lately we have expanded our garage with a bar, big screen and surround, any we have been known to have a couple there among friends. Some how our house dead bolts seams to get locked and lock us out. The other night my wife was in the garage with a few of her friends and came in to talk to me on the couch and then went back to the garage. I got up to get a water about 45 min later and the dead bolt was locked again. You have to lock this from the inside, and this locks hard, so it just wouldn't lock buy it self. It is definitely freaking us out it has happened 3 times in Dec. alone. Might have to hire one of those shows to get to the bottom of it.

Yeah it was def a 12 too bad I couldn't wake my wife up in time to corroborate the story.
When we moved to our next house we had a trash can underneath the sink and it was a real pain in the butt to get out of there.
Some mornings we would come down stairs and the can would knocked over with coffee grinds and egg shells all over the floor. This happened more than a coupla times. When we told our neighbor about it she wasn't very surprised and said that Stella used to put them in her garden.

I had an experience many years ago when I was 16.My best friend and I was in his car headed to his house late one night about 1:00 AM.The car broke down and we walked about 4 miles and finally decided to rest and sleep in an old abandoned farm house that had been vacant for years and years.As we settled down real good we heard some noises but wrote them off as a racoon or possums or some other varmit.
About 3:00 AM something very Weird occured,the door opened to the bedroom we were in and it was pitch black in this old house but you could make out a cloudy figure plain as day,almost as if it was dimly lighted.It was cloudy but transparent,it was a fully clothed man in overalls with an old straw hat on smoking a pipe,looked just like an old Farmer! You talk about HAULING ***,well you couldn't have caught neither of us with a HEMI ROADRUNNER!!! We ran until we were completely out of breath and just had to stop or die then we looked at each other like did you see that! We discussed it and we decided we had seen a REAL GHOST! We told some of our friends what happened the next evening and they just said you guys were drunk or something! We were completely SOBER and we both knew what we seen! And we both seen the exact same thing!
Well we passed that old homeplace many many times after that and finally about 3 years after the incident the old Homeplace was torn down to build apartments! NO we never went back in there again! You could not have paid me to go back in there.We just wrote it off as to what really happened to us that night or early morning. By the way we walked the other three to 4 miles to my friends house after we quit running and went to bed and slept because we were dead tired of running and walking and being scared shitless! I know we must have ran two miles away from that old farm house! So you ask me do I believe! and I will tell you HELL YEA I DO! So I say believe if you want to or not but If you had seen what me and my buddy seen you would be a BELIEVER THAT GHOST DO EXIST! :happy9: For any that are familiar with the area where I am talking about the old farmhouse was on West Road West of Interstate 45 on the left side about a mile from I45 and about 2 miles from Stubner Airline.Back then boths sides of West Road was 4 Old farms two on the right and two on the left .The one we were at was the second on the left that had a HUGE OLD BARN there also.

3:00am is called the Devils hour. that is when you are likely to see the most activity. But they say anytime from 12 to 6 am is good.

The area I live in has a lot of history dating back to the Civil war and earlier. My in laws house supposedly has the ghost of a union captain, but they have never seen him, only heard noises. I myself would love to see something like that. I'd definitely like to spend a night in the Stanley hotel. I kinda like that adrenaline rush you get when something scares the crap outta you.

My wife is the only daughter of the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. Don't know what that means, but she says my dad is living with us and mom pops in for visits from time to time. Dad passed last February and mom passed in July '87. Always thought she was pulling my leg until I got a picture with dad in it. She was posing with the cat and about the time I snapped the picture, the cat swiveled his head upward like he was looking at something on the ceiling. There is a silvery orb in the upper left corner of the picture that the cat is looking directly at, just above and to the left of my wife's shoulder. There is no way this is a reflection from the flash because the background is a white wall. The camera is a Kodak digital, 5 megapixel that has never thrown a reflection from anything yet. After the picture was taken, my wife said, "See you later George". If you like I can try to shrink the picture enough to post. Put me down as a confirmed believer, I've seen too many weird things before this not to believe. Tried to add a link unsuccessfully. Pic is at photobucket search grumpuscreature. It's the only photo there. Wife says the orb is mom and dad both. First really good look she has had at it.

-
Back