Anyone believe in Ghosts ?

-
We had our house built 7 years ago. The property the house was built on was a farm 100 or more years ago. The farm house caught fire and killed the family. There is a grave site at the end of our street. The first night there, at about 11:00 at night, me and the wife go to bed. Shortly after that we heard 7 or 8 heavy foot steps down on the first floor. Sounded like someone wearing boots. I was so scared I felt a chill go through my body. I just laid there waiting for it to come up the steps. A few days go by and I say to my wife "did you hear those foot steps the other night" and she said "yeah that was scary". Now keep in mind the other houses on the street were not built yet, no one was around, and it was definitely "in" the house on the first floor.

So a year goes by and we have a baby sitter come over to watch the kids when we go out. A few days later the baby sitter's mother says her daughter said ghosts were in our house. Now we never told these people about any ghosts issues. The baby sitter said she heard foot steps in the master bed room. When she went up stairs all the kids were sleeping and all their rooms are on the other side of the house.

Then about a year later, around 3 in the morning, my wifes wakes up because she feels someone staring at her. She looks over my side of the bed and sees a young boy dressed in civil war era clothes staring at me. She said he was just staring intently right at me as I slept. My wife said she just closed her eyes and ignored the ghost. Have not had any incidents for a few years now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I've never seen a ghost but I did see and hear a door knob move one night as if someone was trying to open the door. The door was on the interior of the house and nobody was around. I investigated the room in which the door led to and nothing was there.

And if anyone has ever had an obe then you would know the answer as to whether there are spirits or not. I was skeptical until it happened to me one night.

They say there are at least 11 dimensions that exist. We sense only 3 of those dimensions in our normal state of being. That leaves at least 8 higher dimensions undetected by us normally. If those dimensions are more complex to our understanding then they must hold wonders beyond what we can imagine in a 3 dimensional state of mind. If conciousness can exist on so low a level as 3 dimensions, then why not on higher levels?

Well folks I say believe in what you will! Some of us do believe ,some of us do not believe and some just are not sure as to what to believe. I know what I believe,I know what I have seen in my years gone by. And who knows what I will see before I leave this LIFE on OLD EARTH. Is there something beyond this LIFE we live now! Personally I think there is,that is just my opinion.I hope I am able to Drive my 340 Dart up to Heaven and take God for a spin. And have a great discussion about Classic Muscle Cars! God Bless all and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bobby Dodson and Family

you have to watch with orbs though. They can be explained away about 90% of the time. Between dust/dirt flying round, dirt behind the lens, or reflections of light. I like to see more substancial evidence like pictures of aparicians, EVP's, objects moving that can't be explained why or how.

I've seen objects that have been moved, disembodied voices, etc, etc.

I had a "ghostly" encounter a few year back and it happen on the night of my dads
moms wake. That night me, my dad, my step brother and step mother (at the time) were sitting around a table in my dads trailer talking about my grandma. Then the light above the kitchen table we were sitting around went off. So my dad said "maybe its grandma", then he said "mom turn the light back on", but the light didnt come back on. So then he told one of us kids to
say it and so my step brother said "grandma, turn the light back on", and the light came back on. No lie.
Later that night when my dad was in bed he thought about that moment and realized something. My grandma lived next door and was hard of hearing
so when my dad went over to check on her he would flip the lights on and off
to let her know someone was in the house, so that she wouldnt be shocked to suddenly see someone in the house, really so she woudlnt have a heart attack from the surprise. My dad has also said he wouldnt ever want to see
a ghost of any family member, because it would frighten him. So he believes
that maybe the light going off and then back on after my step brother said what he said, was my grandmas way of saying goodbye.
This story seems so "ghost story" but it happen to me and when i think about it i cant believe it actually happen. Now it could have been just chance that the light went off, and then back on when my step brother
said what he said, but i just dont think thats what happen. If it wasnt my grandma that night, then it could have been some THING playing on our hopes
of an afterlife. Ill never know for sure until the day i die.

I had an experience similar to yours Dodgenut. Shortly after my father had died my brother, mother, and me were all sitting at the kitchen table talking about him when the door at the end of the hall slammed shut. No windows were open nor were there any heat/ac units running. When it happened we all took note that there were no outside disturbances that would have caused it. We chalked it up to Dad just letting us know he was there.

This is mostly a reply to sic71dart. Ghosts don't necessarily repeat the same actions endlessly for aeons. Usually when a repetetive "haunting" like that occurs, it's because of an event that had particularly strong emotions attached to it, generally negative ones. Examples include a woman who has lost her children and can be heard wailing through the halls of a house, or, as in the case of irelandmoss's aunts, someone who suffered severe abuse or terror in that location. The event basically imprints itself upon the location, and occassionally or regularly replays the event, so it's not really a "conscious" ghost doing this. It's more like a recording replaying itself endlessly.

As for ghosts helping with scientific research and things like that, I don't honestly think they would be capable of that. I think they're fairly limited in the ways they can interact with the living world and the amount of mental faculties they can call upon when attempting to interact. I'm also inclined to think that any communication between the living and the dead is similar to playing "underwater telephone" when you were a kid. You can definitely tell that something is trying to come through, but just what that is isn't clear. Maybe someone just needs to change the filter? ;)

Hopefully this adds a bit to the conversation and gives everyone a few morsels to chew on. :)

2Shelbys,
You had me on that Uriah Heep song.
I had to look that one up.
Oh yea, how could I forget that group.
Had all the albums.

As far as the Pacific Northwest being a big place is concerned maybe this will jog someone’s memory and we’ll find a ghost.
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/dec07/dbcooper123107.html

Adam,
I didn’t want to start a new thread with this one but maybe it will be funny since someone mentioned UFO’s.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/20071223TDY03302.htm

"If aliens existed and came to Earth, they would have to be creatures of far greater intellect than human beings, which is just impossible," said Hatoyama, who is often called an "alien" because of his appearance. “

LOL...

Look orbs at my car...

headlights.jpg

Topper is on TCM tonight. (Ghost)
Never seen the movie.
The car was funky and made me look up what it is.
Found this:

"The fancy finned-back car driven by the Kerbys was custom built by the Bohman & Schwartz Co. using a 1936 Buick Roadmaster chassis. Originally, the producers had in mind using a coffin-nosed Cord, but it wasn't large enough. In the custom-made Buick, there were special compartments for camera equipment, etc. The appearance of the Buick resembles a Cord, but the supercharger pipes on the side were just decorations. After the filming of Topper (1937) the Buick was owned by the Gilmore Oil Company for many years and was used for promotional purposes. It was updated in 1954 with Chrysler Imperial chassis and drive train."

2Shelbys,
You had me on that Uriah Heep song.
I had to look that one up.
Oh yea, how could I forget that group.
Had all the albums.

Yep. Gypsy. I am a fountain of obscure music references.

-
Back