Anyone bought from Aerohead Racing?

-

scott2683

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the quality of their heads? I called about heads for my 318 and they told me that they received shipments of cores regularly and they would be completely rebuilt with hardened seats for around $475. My first conversation with them, they were really knowledgeable and helpful. I have called back a couple times to place my order and ask a couple follow up questions and their customer service has been horrible. I thought since they were a division of Indy Cylinder Head they would have a good product, but from their customer service, I'm not sure.

Any advice on these guys would be appreciated. I live in Indiana so I thought it would be convenient to just pick them up and have a quality shop local. The heads I planned to get from them were just stock heads that had been milled, 3 angle valve job, heavy duty valve springs with 1.88x160 valves

Thanks in advance,

Scott

A friend of mine bought new Darts for a Chev,bolted on.Ran well.If I recall correctly,Indy Products owns them now.Hopefully, someone else will chime in,good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I can't find too much information on them!

Google "Clash of The Titans" Car Craft.They did 3 budget buildups,small block, flat tappet 3000.00 limit.Marko.R did the build,ordered a set of what you are looking at.They lost the dyno test by tenths of a horsepower to a Vortec headed Chev.(no porting allowed!).He threw it in his prepped 67/68 Cuda,and went 1170s/11.60s.

Ive heard a few horror stories but Im hoping to hear some good stories. I need a set of heads for a 318 and at $399 for the pair they seem like the best deal.

Adam,how about talking to Moper? Hopefully,a thought.Alaways preferred local good machinists,over mail order.Done some machine work,been a buyer most the time.You need interaction,not dead action.

I have bought a couple of sets of heads off of them over the last few years. We used to build a lot of mild 340/360 engines for cars we would fix up and sell. The heads I got from them worked out great.I picked them up in Indy to save the freight also.I wouldnt hesitate to buy another set. You couldnt have a set done with new valves and springs and a 3 angle job for what they charge.

I agree you can't beat the price. They were over $100 cheaper than having my stock heads redone, plus they're local, so I didn't have to pay for shipping. We're just finishing up with the rebuild and I'm anxious to see how they do!

Their customer service was horrible. Their website says Ask for Jim He is both knowledgeable and helpful. I beg to differ. He was one of the most prudent salesmen I have ever dealt with. This was my first rebuild and I had intended to purchase all of my parts from him. He wouldn't answer my questions, he was trying to push outdated overstock on me. I really felt like my purchase was bothersome to him.

if indy owns them that explains the customer service.....

I agree completely. I have had several "less than satisfying" conversations with those guys, but they do have decent products.

I'm on my 3rd set of heads purchased from them and have had no problems at all. I would highly recommend their heads! All of mine have been "worked over" J heads.
I have heard a lot of negatitivity about their customer service and attitude toward customers but have never experianced it myself. I bought my truck from Russ Flagel back in April and when I went out to check it out he and I stood outside and b.s.ed about business, politics and a lot of other stuff for a couple of hours and he seemed like a good guy.

I have about 3000 miles on my 318 heads I purchased from them,no problems yet .I never had to deal with their customer service dept. though.

I'm pleased so far with my heads, I've heard many positive comments on their heads, but I personally felt they could have been more helpful, perhaps he was having a bad day!

-
Back