ANYone do circle track

-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
just curious if anyone has raced a 4 cyl class or if theres one in your area ANY TIPS

P7220011.jpg

P7220013.jpg

P7220014.jpg

P7220015.jpg

P7220012.jpg

mostly handiling its suppose to stay stock but no one else leaves it that way i got no clue about tire pressure

66VALIANT said:
mostly handiling its suppose to stay stock but no one else leaves it that way i got no clue about tire pressure

you realize that if you mess around with the cam you can make it steer into the corner effortlessly.. but with only ONE tire.. the outside one..

as for pressure you kinda only want to go down a few notches..
maybe 3-5 pounds..

shed weight off the car..

create a dam in the front for downforce and that will help with handling

any other suggestions guys??

66VALIANT said:

you realize that if you mess around with the cam you can make it steer into the corner effortlessly.. but with only ONE tire.. the outside one..

as for pressure you kinda only want to go down a few notches..
maybe 3-5 pounds..

shed weight off the car..

create a dam in the front for downforce and that will help with handling

any other suggestions guys??

apparently i can only post once every 30 seconds.. thats like a nice way to say.. ' your talking to much '

Cerwin

I raced a '91 Shadow ES in a stock class they call "hornets" on a 1/4 mile oval. The car had a real bad push so I removed the front sway bar. This made the car loose going into the corner, but any circle track guy will tell you loose is fast. Removing the sway bar also helped keep the inside tire planted in the corner (the sway bar was picking the inside tire up and with a non locked diff that is not good). For tire pressures I would run about 45-50psi right front, 25-30psi left front, 10-20 psi left rear and 20 - 30psi right rear. You adjust the rear pressures to make the car looser or tighter. If the car was loose I would lower the pressures on the rear. Those Shadows are right front tire grinders. I only raced four races then quit because of the knuckle dragging mentality at my track and went back to drag racing. I finished 5th the first race I raced, had a half lap lead the 2nd race but blew a right front with 2 to go, lead another lap on the rim, track black flagged me last lap, did not pull in and completed the last lap on the rim and finished 3rd but track took away finish because of the flat tire. 3rd race finished 3rd, last race when home before the main because some bozo in the heat spun my buddy out of his way on purpose and I t-boned my buddy so I thought I had better leave before I get arrested for kicking someone ***. The guy I sold the car to finished 2nd in points at years end.

-
Back