Anyone Doing the HotRod power tour this year?

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
I will be joing up in Hoover for the last 3 days of the event. Was wondering if anyone else will be there.. I will be in my Challenger...

>crickets chirping< Looks like it's gonna be a quiet tour. Lol, give it time, they'll chime in. I'd love to go. Anything car related like that. But that's a huge event! take lots o' pictures, do some burn-outs, have a good time!

I am noticing that more and more people with older cars are not getting them out and driving them like this anymore. Kinda sad but I can understand why. I guess the old cars are for the local thing now...

Someday I'll drive the whole thing. But this year I'll be doin good to get my Duster running and road legal for the Nats.

I think one of the stops this year is here on the Gulf Coast in Gulfport, MS. Looking forward to it for sure.

Yep I will be staying down there also. I will be staying at the Best Western Seaway Inn down there.. I hope to see that Dart while I am down there... Here is my Challenger so you know it is me..

Attachments

• WP_20150313_004 (Custom).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 262
Yep I will be staying down there also. I will be staying at the Best Western Seaway Inn down there.. I hope to see that Dart while I am down there... Here is my Challenger so you know it is me..

Yes Sir, I'll be there. Can't miss something like this in my own backyard so to speak. Will definitely look for you.

My dad and I plan on doing the long haul from Sacramento. It will be over 5,800 miles. I just need to get everything ship shape.

The cost of all the hotel nights is the only thing holding me back. Maybe if i can actually plan a year in advance I'll be able to do it.

that sounds like so much fun

once my boy is a few years older I might be able to do it as a father son bonding thing

DO IT!! They grow up fast... Better make definite plans

I told the wifey about maybe doing it next year
she said there is no way she'll let both of us go for a whole week (plus however long it takes to get back)

not saying I couldn't do it, just saying her and the baby would tag along in the truck :D

When it starts or ends in the northeast i might do it..other then that can't be bothered..

The cost of all the hotel nights is the only thing holding me back. Maybe if i can actually plan a year in advance I'll be able to do it.

Do like I did.. My brother n law and sister are going and we just split the rooms. 2 queen beds at each one and it is half the cost.

Would love to do the whole cruise but my back won't allow me to ride (or drive) that long but since they will be passing within 3 miles of my house on their way to Gateway Raceway I'm going to try and catch up with them when they pass and cruise with them down to the track to watch them run that day.

I'm scheduled to do the whole tour. Hotels booked. Driving up to Madison over 3 days. Still have a few things to tackle on the to do list. Praying the car will make the whole trip with few issues.

Saw this 64 Val convert last weekend and talked to the owner. He was a long hauler last year in this car. Transplanted 225 Super Six and did not have a single problem on the whole trip.

I've considered going but the cost of lodging and fuel is a big deterrent. If I took the 68 cuda I might sleep in the back a few nights, BTDT. 13-14 MPG and of course the price of gas suddenly jumped this week.
My 64 Val is not road worthy yet but it would be entirely capable of making the trip when "done".

Attachments

• P1160486.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 100
  • P1160488.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 112
  • P1160495.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 102
if anyone goes and sees an purple Studebaker there be sure to tell the owner I said Hi

-
Back