Anyone Draw?

-

67 Power Wagon

Hemi Pawr or BUST!
Reaction score
Guys,
As I'm sure a few know, I have undergone some health issues recently, and have been sort of "laid up" for a lack of better term....So, to keep myself from going bug-**** crazy, I been building models, and drawing....Before the surgery I had, I wound up with a broken right hand (YES, I'm right handed) BUT it taught me to become REALLY skilled left handed with the computer, that was around a year ago....So, in that time, before I knew I needed open heart surgery, I drew on the computer.....in MS Paint, for most of you, your computer has a decent version of this program, and you too can do these, with a bit of time!

As you know or should/will in time, I favor "The Elephant" quite a bit....SO, I did some writing from a base....

See:

Hemi000.jpg

The above "base" as I'm sure you all know, is/was from a T-Shirt....Possibly even signs! WELL, I took it one step further....

Here ya go:

Hemi002.png

Then I got into the "drawing".... tell me what ya think of my own skills on a computer, use of "colors" that I mixed digitally, and needless to say, ALL DONE left handed!

Mopar426HemiCross-Section006.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section000-1.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section002.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section005.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section002-1.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section003.png

THEN I changed it up a bit......Took it from the custom mixed orange, to the purple......

Mopar426HemiCross-Section004B.png

Mopar426HemiCross-Section004A.png

And last but not least. I mixed it up a bit.... the Motor........... PLUS the Definition of Hemi added into one picture!!!!

Mopar426HemiCross-Section000a.png

Now granted, these pictures, aren't "completed" yet as you see, PLUS, I added my color palette on each picture, once each is "completed" that will be removed from the picture!

I've also got the Slant 6 and even a Wedge or 2......:-D

:cheers:

Somebody has WAY to much free time on thier hands.
Cool though.

Very nice!

I don't know anything about MS Paint, but if the resolution is good enough you could make up some tee shirts.

Small HEMI logo and info on the front and BIG HEMI engine on the back side of the shirt.

I use a place called Big Frog (they have locations in a number of states), they use some type of "inkjet" printer and print right on the shirt, and they can do up shirts one at a time. I just had a couple shirts done up last week.

Those drawing are pretty cool...keep it up.

Paul

P.S. I draw also...see my avatar...its on a tee shirt also.

Attachments

• 426ShirtFront.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 426ShirtBack.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 383
Somebody has WAY to much free time on thier hands.
Cool though.

Yes, yes I did have a BUNCH of time on my hands, I at the time, was recovering from a broken right hand, and then within a month of that, wound up finding out I needed a quadruple bypass, open heart surgery, and couldn't do a lot once I returned home from the hospital so I had to find something to do that was in some way......interesting, and here you see what that was, as the right hand being broken wasn't going to allow me to make any model cars so, I learned really fast how to use MS Paint, left handed!

I'm amazed you could do that in MSPaint. I can't even draw a curved line in that darn program.

Its tricky, none-the-less! It took me a while to figure it out to make it go in the ways I wanted.....As you see, these pictures believe it or not, aren't completed yet!

Very nice!

I don't know anything about MS Paint, but if the resolution is good enough you could make up some tee shirts.

Small HEMI logo and info on the front and BIG HEMI engine on the back side of the shirt.

I use a place called Big Frog (they have locations in a number of states), they use some type of "inkjet" printer and print right on the shirt, and they can do up shirts one at a time. I just had a couple shirts done up last week.

Those drawing are pretty cool...keep it up.

Paul

P.S. I draw also...see my avatar...its on a tee shirt also.

Paul?

Yes, I know the resolution is good enough as I can go all the way down to see one single "pixel" and manipulate it however I want/need too....

I thought of this actually and was going to put the motor on the back in large size, and the Definition of Hemi on the front, BUT maybe with the motor with it.......I'd actually LOVE to get a black hat done up with the smaller diagram of the motor on it.......(Like what you said to put onto the back of the shirt.

As far as drawing, what ya get into mostly? As far as drawings.....I get into a lot of it actually as I'm a modeler by hobby......

Unfortunately, I don't draw much for pleasure these day, prefer to do cartoons of cars. Don't do much serious illustration any more.

The blue Sunbeam Alpine was drawn completely in Adobe Illustrator.

The red Mustang was hand-drawn and colored in Illustrator.

Also into models, especially vintage Monogram 1/8th scale cars, the 1932 Ford (in the picture) is a restoration project, I originally built it 12 years ago.

It has an unpainted natural plastic body (the kit is from 1963), with a Hemi conversion. I scratch-built the heads, valve covers, spark plug covers, distributor, dual-quad intake and air cleaners. Not 100% correct since I wanted to use the original headers found in the kit.

Paul

Paul?

...As far as drawing, what ya get into mostly? As far as drawings.....I get into a lot of it actually as I'm a modeler by hobby......

Attachments

• Sunbeam_Alpine_Illustration.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Mustang_Ron_Shirt.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 374
  • BigRedDeuce.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 370
super awesome engine, what talent to be able to do this with a computer drawing program.

i am a stickler for correct spelling, i'd like to recommend you fixing the description of hemi before printing these though.

the word Balanced only has one L in it.

id buy a Tee shirt decked out like this.

PM me if you decide to make these.

Matt

I tell yeah Paul, I'm actually thinking of making a shirt now!

Thought of it a bit, anyone looking/thinking as a FABO members, any ida of our own T-shirts?

I'd actually do a FABO shirts for the site as Gold members if interested.

I thought that if we'd do it, we can do this for those that want Hemi's, Wedge's, and slant 6's and possibly others! Color's to the person's choice......

Let me know! Anyone/everyone interested? Just a thought?

I tell yeah Paul, I'm actually thinking of making a shirt now!

Thought of it a bit, anyone looking/thinking as a FABO members, any ida of our own T-shirts?

I'd actually do a FABO shirts for the site as Gold members if interested.

I thought that if we'd do it, we can do this for those that want Hemi's, Wedge's, and slant 6's and possibly others! Color's to the person's choice......

Let me know! Anyone/everyone interested? Just a thought?

I would take 2 in either light grey, or white. Is there any way you can shrink the image down for a toddler, id like one for my little boy. He loves cars too.

PM me with prices on shirts. I'd Suggest using 50/50 T shirts unstead of 100% cotton so they dont shrink as bad.

A small block 340 , or stroker 410 tee would be cool too.

LOL Holy **** guys.....I didn't think it take off this fast! LOL

I gotto do some homework and then see what I can do as I wantto see if the Admin. of FABO is good with this first........... I want the proper clearance for such things before I go right into it......

As for the regular ole shirt with my drawings on them, that I can do! I just have to get some numbers to see what the cost will be!

Yep I'm in for a shirt also, let me know when you get it worked out.

Yeah, I draw.

Attachments

• HOTROD.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 316
sobiecam,
Believe me, I KNOW what MS Paint can do. That 68 Cuda, your work? I got something that can top even that! BUT, I got to upload them from my other computer first!!!!!

These, I speak of, aren't of automobiles tho......

I'm crushed no one recognized my talent.

I am glad someone appreciates real talent when they see it. What's this world comin to?

super awesome engine, what talent to be able to do this with a computer drawing program.

i am a stickler for correct spelling, i'd like to recommend you fixing the description of hemi before printing these though.

the word Balanced only has one L in it.

id buy a Tee shirt decked out like this.

PM me if you decide to make these.

Matt

Matt,
I'm glad I had read your message a bit better, I couldn't see what you were referring too, NOW I got it and sadly, I had gone back to correct that 2 "L's issue, and saved a whole OTHER picture of the same thing, and never realized, I did! So, one got deleted and the other is being uploaded in my photobucket account to be re-loaded here......:blob:

NICE car drawings guys!

I have to see what it be to "draw" a '70 Coronet/Super Bee in Paint, colored in Plum Crazy..........(I'd almost KILL to have one in real life!)

-
Back