Anyone else a closet F1 fan?

-

Badart

Reaction score
Gotta love 18,000 rpms from a 2.4L naturally aspirated V8 that can produce 720 hp and the technology in these cars. Amazing. This is a dyno video of a 3L V10 from a few years ago. Pretty cool. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QyUD6V5_I"]YouTube- Renault F1 engine on dyno[/ame] Vettel is the man!

Man I got a vid of a F1 run in... That thing is blowing blue flames out like crazy. Is there anyway to post it on here with out going through youtube?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGME2XUfnbA"]YouTube- The sound of a formule 1 engine[/ame]

I hope I am doing this right.. Youtube had it allready. Cool vid tho. I would be scared the thing would jump off the rack and run over someone LOL...

Here are pictures from the 2008 season when i was in montreal for the 430 challenge series race. first pic is taking the rental car around the circuit. second pic is own the back straight away right after hair pin. 3rd pic is the famous hair pin. 4th pic is me in front of kimi's garage. 5th pic is the famous hair pin.

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

I used to watch F1 in the days of Alain Prost and he earned the nickname "The Professor" for good reason. What irks me now with F1 is the fact that they mandate having to run on multiple kinds of tires in each race and the race often seems to be over after the first lap is complete. Things seem to almost be pre-decided and the races are rather short. It has a very elitist feel about it now. If it appeared to be more "common" I would be happy to watch again.

I know that there are many on the site who hate NASCAR but I started watching after my son was given some Tony Stewart memorabilia for his 8th birthday. I cheer for "Smoke" and "Jr" but there are other great drivers. Many of the drivers appear to be more "real" and personable, as though you could have a beer with them (ie: Mark Martin).

Personally, I hate the short tracks like Martinsville and anything else under 1.5 miles. I really love the high speeds of Talladega and Daytona, but I have a soft spot for Watkins Glen after I visited the area to do some hiking. There is much more action back and forth in NASCAR and I am pleased to see the substantial safety improvements that allow drivers to walk away from serious wrecks that would previously have been fatal, even if it means the cars are much less "stock" than before.

Here are pictures from the 2008 season when i was in montreal for the 430 challenge series race. first pic is taking the rental car around the circuit. second pic is own the back straight away right after hair pin. 3rd pic is the famous hair pin. 4th pic is me in front of kimi's garage. 5th pic is the famous hair pin.

Hi Jon

Great to see you again.:-D Did you do the Cruise in downtown Phoenix Saturday
evening?

no i didn't. motor on the truck is toast. i guess those viper internals aren't made to be supercharged. :) so i dont have a mopar vehicle that is running at the moment. I'm trying to get duster done soon so i can cruise it.

-
Back