-

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
Seen this and took a pic for everyone

Attachments

• IMAG2030.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 796
Yep; I mentioned it last night to some fellow Mopar friends.

That's a big 'injector' sitting on top of where the engine should be!

I saw it for a fraction of a second and thought, "That's a Barracuda". Good thing I have a DVR. I rewound and there it was.

Saw the ad a week ago, locked in my conscious for a while.

Wish it was Mad Max's car, looks like he is driving a ford again, Pinto wagon.

In the first original movie Max drives an Australian ford falcon XC yellow car with blue then he gets the black ford falcon XC coup. The night rider that they are chasing is an Australian GM HQ Monaro all cars are about 1975 vintage. Unfortunately in Australia the bulk of red necks were anti Chrysler as they saw them as a threat because Chrysler was the last of the big three to set up camp in Australia. Growing up here was a pain as 3/4 of the population put crap on you calling you a wog chariot driver but often the grin was on my face when dad blew off some chebby or dorf driver going up a hill.
But interestingly nearly every one tells you they owned a valiant. Really apart from some Mitsubishi jap cars getting labelled valiant nearly all were a bodies. They were based on Plymouths but had Chrsler as the manufacturer. So commercials pickup often labelled Dodge, the big coups got Chrysler by Chrysler. Nearly everything else was a valiant. The up market ones got called regal, and up again got VIP. Often the guys would swap around the regal letters on the rear quarters to read lager. (As in beer).
But don't worry cousins there are lots and lots of guys saving what's left and the Val shows seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year.
Thank god you guys in the US are doing the same seeing an explosion of repro stuff as lots of the hardware is identical to ours.
It's now a situation that us Mopar guys can buy more for our cars than the local GM and Dorf guys because apart from the motors very little is common to US cars.
I just remembered in the first Crocadile Dundee movie Micks mate in the NT drives an A body ute (pickup) 1965 AP6

In the first original movie Max drives an Australian ford falcon XC yellow car with blue then he gets the black ford falcon XC coup. The night rider that they are chasing is an Australian GM HQ Monaro all cars are about 1975 vintage. Unfortunately in Australia the bulk of red necks were anti Chrysler as they saw them as a threat because Chrysler was the last of the big three to set up camp in Australia. Growing up here was a pain as 3/4 of the population put crap on you calling you a wog chariot driver but often the grin was on my face when dad blew off some chebby or dorf driver going up a hill.
But interestingly nearly every one tells you they owned a valiant. Really apart from some Mitsubishi jap cars getting labelled valiant nearly all were a bodies. They were based on Plymouths but had Chrsler as the manufacturer. So commercials pickup often labelled Dodge, the big coups got Chrysler by Chrysler. Nearly everything else was a valiant. The up market ones got called regal, and up again got VIP. Often the guys would swap around the regal letters on the rear quarters to read lager. (As in beer).
But don't worry cousins there are lots and lots of guys saving what's left and the Val shows seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year.
Thank god you guys in the US are doing the same seeing an explosion of repro stuff as lots of the hardware is identical to ours.
It's now a situation that us Mopar guys can buy more for our cars than the local GM and Dorf guys because apart from the motors very little is common to US cars.

Great intro to Aussie gear head history. Love watching the Aussie v8 supercar series,when I can.

Seen this and took a pic for everyone

The blue car rear and to the barracuda's right looks like a GM FC Holden about 1958 compact version of 57chev
There is a few trailers Im sure I saw a dodge Charger and another car could be Chevelle but really looks like another Holden a first generation Monaro HK,HT or HG the muscle versions got a 327 or 350
In one of the earlier movies there is a Aussie valiant charger Matt black that has the bad guys in it.

Great intro to Aussie gear head history. Love watching the Aussie v8 supercar series,when I can.

Look up muscle car masters there are heaps of races Tilley often racing his VF slant six of his and usually other chargers giving a good show especially Tilley kicking V8 but with his slant

For the movie watchers
Look for an old Aussie movie "running on empty" it's portrayed in the early to mid seventies and yes we had the same oil crisis.
It has a hemi cuda running against a few cars like a blown 57 chev , XY GT HO PHASE 3 Falcon, there is a red FC holden as I mentioned about the new Mad Max movie that will give you a better idea of the car.
Trust me the acting is crap. The cars are real the places are real in fact I'm only about a mile from Kemps creek. In those days and still is. The street racing is strong. The clothes of the time were nothing like see through crap in the night club, but the rest of the clothes is pretty right. The photo in my gallery showing old photo was taken only meters away from the car destruction at the end near Mascot Airport.
There is a local hot rod club that helped out in the movie and they still exist.

BUMP BUMP> ---- thats my car...

i went to go see the movie because i to saw this in the ad and it comes out for more than a second in the movie. haha
it has a chrome/polished look to it... looks nice. nice NOTCH/coupe.

still not as good looking as the BARRACUDA in "Highway men" though.

good things for us that own a 1968 barracuda NOTCHY

Dig it!

mad_max_4_fury_road_saw_truck_3_by_maltian-d7ssyi5.jpg

You may like this also

http://vehicleshowcase.madmaxmovie.com/

I spotted a few mopars in this movie including a 72 Dodge Charger offroader, the Aussie Charger on tank tracks, the Aussie Charger offroader, the plymouth hotrod with all the spikes that looks like a porcupine on steroids and my favourite the 68 cuda notchback offroader. The cars were built by a father and son duo from here in Perth. All up over 50 cars were built over some period of years while George Miller was getting everything else organised. Eventually everything was shipped to Namibia where the movie was made. Glad to here an Aussie film reached cult status in the US. Hopefully after the next 2 movies they plan on making they will make some more. The franchise might hope to be as big as Fast & Furious.

-
Back