Anyone ever own a Golden Retriever???

-
We have a 5 year old female. She is as gentle as they come, great with the kids. Easily trained, they really want to please. She does shed but has never chewed. Aggresssively affectionate! Go for it, gets along with other dogs and cats as well.

Zodie is 13 years old now and has been the best dog Ive ever owned. He is awesome. Loyal to the core. Sweetest pooch around kids. Super mellow when I host poker night. Loves the ocean and alway wants to play.

Hurry up and get em.

My never chewed stuff. He just loves to eat and play fetch.

If Lassie was a golden retriever, Timmy never would fallen in the well in the first place...go get him ;-)

Go for it, got mine when my son turned 5, my son is 18 and our retriever is still going, other then the teething stage, she has been an excellent companion. Very quiet and listens very well, was very protective of our son, the two of them still go crazy playing tug of war. My wife got a cat last year, she tolerates the cat but is no buds with it ....lol. Great dogs

did you get the dog, did you get the dog, did you get the dog.......My wife has been asking me all day...she hopes you got the little son of a gun LOL

Best dogs in the world for a family. Be warned though, a male will be a large puppy for 5 years. Mine is 2 and he still barrels around like a 2-month old pup. Give 'em a little love and attention and they'll worship you. GET HIM!

Get him. I have a black lab/golden retriever mix. He practically housebroke himself, and when I got another lab, he trained her (I think, she totally housebroke herself by following his example). I've had him 15 years. the hip problems started showing at around 10-12 years old, but with meds, which aren't very expensive, he does fine. I live in San Diego, so it would probably be worse in a colder climate. He's extremely loyal. If he barks or growls at someone, you can bet that there's something shady about them. They do shed a lot, but it's a small trade for what you get in return.

Oh yeah, he did love going through obedience training. Very easy to train and eager to please.

Ok I got him!! He is chasing the JR around. Of course the JR is letting the Golden know whos boss [for now]. I will post pictures in the next day or so for those who would like to see him. I think he is going to be big. He has big paws and long legs. The cat is in hiding right now. Not sure how to meet and greet them.

The Golden should make a good companion for your Jack Russell. They`re both high energy dogs and will complement one another. Congratulations!

I had a golden that was the most harmless, loving creature on the face of the earth and dumb as a bag of hammers.

I miss her something awfull.

-LY

Pics, pics pics!:worthles:

Oddly, every time I went to visit Merlin in the pound this song came on the car radio. I saw him 3 times before I finally picked him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRzqt3TIEc

I swear if I ever meet the A$$hole who abused him so badly that he needed surgery, I'll knock him flat out. 'nough said. :)

Ok guys I am trying to get this picture posted but for some reason my picture manager is not working. I need to resize it to fit the web sites picture size.

The best dog I ever had, She did shed ALOT! But that was the only thing that was bad about her. I never had a problem of her chewing things. We had a lot of toys for her to chew. One last thing she always had to have a sox of mine in her mouth. We miss her.

Here is the Golden. Abby is warming up to him!

003.JPG

Lucky dog.....you and the pup 8-)

He's a cutie :love7: Have you picked a name yet?

Damn! He's cute! He looks to be in good shape now too. Thank you for rescuing the little poopshooter and congratz on your new friend. He will never leave your side for as long as he lives.

Deciding on name now. Any ideas? All ears. Youre right he goes everywhere with me. Right at my feet constantly.

Velcro, lol! Seriously though, how about Kyle, he looks like a Kyle. Or how about Rocky? he certainly had a rocky first few months on this earth.

Lucky.

He's lucky to have you.
You're lucky to have him.

May he lead a long and happy life with your family. :cheers:

Wylde1.

He`s a handsome boy! You`ll have to see what traits he has and name him accordingly. Just looking at him, he looks like a Dusty/Duster. If his tail is like my dog`s tail then Duster might be appropriate.

Nice...He looks great! I would pbbly call him Cuda. 8) You're going to enjoy his companionship no matter what you name him.

Ok we have named him Mopar! What do you think??? We couldnt name him Lucky due to this was my dalmations name whom just passed away at 16.

-
Back