anyone ever seen these rotors?

-

jcarr210

Reaction score
So I picked up this car less than a year ago and have found a lot of extra mods this car has that want mentioned by the previous owner. The latest is realizing the front end has the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers. The problem is as I've been researching the set up I haven't seen a rotor like these yet. Has anyone ever seen these and know where I can pick up a set? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-14-11-22-47.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_2015-07-14-11-22-40.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 348
They look like they were redrilled? What bolt pattern is the wheel? 4" or 4.5"? Could they be redrilled Ford Mustang ones. If I remember correctly, a 67-ish Ford Mustang rotor can be machined to fit the right bearings and gain the 4.5" botl pattern.

They look like the ones SSBC sell. They are certainly not OEM parts, with the dual bolt patterns. I think those are SSBC calipers too.

ssb-a153-1_w.jpg

Yes, those calipers and rotors are NOT OEM.

Definitely the SSBC a153 brakes for a body Mopars. Power or manual? How do they work?

I have them on my '69 Dart and they are great. Easy to install too.

IIRC, the caliper has "SSBC" cast into it .

They are nothing more than over the counter, off the shelf, Mustang rotors, final machined to specifications, to be used on the Mopar A body, line of cars.

Yeah I checked it out and that's them for sure. Mine has manual brakes and had been wondering why the brakes seemed pretty darn good for a nearly 50 year old car.

-
Back