Anyone ever use an Edelbrock STR-14-4?

-

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
I'm building a mild 440 to throw in my Dart and was planning on using my Edelbrock STR-14-4 intake, mostly for the wow factor. I'm using a 77 block, so it'll be low compression. I'm thinking of using a .509 can or something like that. I realize that I'm basically putting a tunnel ram intake on, just wondering if it's feasible on if it will be a complete dog. I only have a Holley 750 DP laying around. Too little carb for the intake? I like the intake and want to use it til I can build a stout engine and swap the -6 top on, can it be done? Or will it just fall on its face? Have at tech junkies, I want to learn as much as I can about this.

To much intake for the carb and engine. I think those intakes work better with a dual or multi carb setup than a single 4. You got it might as well use it. I'm looking for a dual quad low riser for my 383.

To much intake for the carb and engine. I think those intakes work better with a dual or multi carb setup than a single 4. You got it might as well use it. I'm looking for a dual quad low riser for my 383.

That's kind of what I figured. I'm going to build a 500ci stroker for the 6pac top, but that is a ways off. Still gonna try to make it work.

-
Back