Anyone ever use Melling 23203 camshaft?

-

lee g

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Melling 23203 camshaft? Here are the specs I was given.
050 int 214 ext 224
Adv duration int 288 ext 298
Cam lift int 295 ext 310
Gross valve lift int. 443 ext. 465

I am new to this so what type of build would this be good for or is it trash?

This camshaft is 40yr old stuff that's sold by many. I would never think to put it in anything but others think it's great. You have a choice.

Can and does it work, Yes. Pushed my 4 speed Dart to 102+ in the 1/4.

Are there other options out there that I would use before it, Yes.

See I told ya. 102mph would depress this hell out of me,but some would think it good. You got a choice to make.LOL

For what was in the car it ran really well.

Stock 340 shortblock/heads, that cam, headers, LD340, 750 vac carb, 3.91's. Great little street beater. Drive it anywhere.

I understand that but with a different but mild cam with the same car and gear I'd expect 110mph plus. It's all perspective and what your experience is. I could recommend that cam based on others but I can't as I haven't run it,but I do see what others have done with it.I also know where it comes from and that leaves me thinking that I could and have done better . It's all perspective.

It's mild and runs well for something with no real idle lope to it. It's all in what someone wants.

I put a 528 mechanical in the car and it runs just a little bit better with no other changes and I suspect in the range you stated.

To the OP.You never build a combo around a camshaft. The cam is the second to last item chosen.

-
Back