anyone ever

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have try the edlebrock torker 2 plus can shaft number 5092? I just picked one up, brand new still in box from a friend of mine. What's the opinion on this? Am I understanding correctly that this is a roller cam?

specs found here

[ame]http://www.performancedepot.com/ART/products/100626/5092Inst.pdf[/ame]

The only big block Mopar roller cam I see on Edelbrock's website is the #2206...but...they also don't even list a Torker 2 cam anymore. Quick way to tell though...if it's new, and a roller cam, the lobes will be nice and machined finish. If it has a phosphated coating on the lobes, it's a flat tappet cam.

EDIT: Do you have the cam card to go with it?

i do not. I plan on calling edelbrock tomorrow and seeing about getting one.

I did see this on that link i posted.

"Designed to work with Torker II manifolds for performance from 2500 to 6500 rpm, these hydraulic roller camshafts are ideal for high-performance street, drag or marine applications. Torker-Plus cams have a slightly rough idle and are not suitable for trucks or towing applications."

CAMSHAFT: Torker-Plus Hydraulic
CATALOG #5092
ENGINE: Chrysler 413-440 c.i.d. V8
RPM RANGE: 1500-6500
CAUTION: Do not use dual valve springs.
Use only recommended Edelbrock Sure Seat Valve
Springs #5792.
Use stock ratio rocker arms only.
Duration at .006" Lift: Intake 292Þ Exhaust 292Þ
Duration at .050" Lift: Intake 230Þ Exhaust 230Þ
Lift at cam: Intake .320" Exhaust .320"
Lift at valve: Intake .480" Exhaust .480"
Timing at .050 Lift:
Open Close
Intake 7Þ BTDC 43Þ ABDC
Exhaust 45Þ BBDC 5Þ ATDC
• CAUTION: Use Edelbrock Performer-Plus Timing Chain
and Steel Gear Set #7804. Do not use late model timing chain
and gear sets that are designed for emission-controlled
engines. These timing sets are machined in a retarded position
and are not recommended for this camshaft installation.
Edelbrock Timing Sets feature three keyways for specified
timing selection.

Sounds more than a little familiar--lobe profile looks very much like an old Lunati Bracket Master II cam...adapted from SBC lobes, so it'll be easy on the valvetrain. Are you sure this thing is a roller cam?? Pictures?

...for reference...

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2988&gid=339

And the same profile was used for SBC, SBF, many others...I don't know if the Edelbrock branded cam uses the same ICL/LSA, but I know most of the ones I saw advertised before were ground on a 110*LSA and recommended ICL was 106* if your compression was between 9-9.5:1...higher than that with a small block you could retard it back to straight up 110*

The same grind in my buddy's '84 Camaro would run 12.50s all day...flat topped 350, Wolverine Blue Racer 292, 441 heads, 1 5/8" headers, Holley contender intake, 3310 Holley, TH350, 3.73 gears, 26x8.50" hoosier quick times...

-
Back