Anyone familiar with the QA1 engine crossmembers

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
I bought a set of QA1 tubular upper control arms so I could change my 1970 340 Swinger to large bolt pattern and I noticed that they had come out with a tubular front K member and lower control arms also. Anyone familiar or had any experience with these products and could I get your observations/opinion of them? Thinking about buying myself a Christmas present. I've been building this car for 20 years and I think its about time to wrap it up.

Yeah, as soon as I posted this I noticed a couple of other threads. 20 years didn't seem like so long when it happened. The worst part is I've got a 39 Plymouth I took apart in 1979! Life happens.

Don't matter now, I just ordered the K-member,lower control arms and the strut rods from Jegs. I guess I can get on one of the other threads and give my opinion pretty soon. Merry Christmas to me!

Holy cow, I just ordered this thing from Jegs yesterday morning and I was out in the yard blowing leaves today and FedEx shows up. I'm thinking my son ordered some parts for his truck or something and out the guy comes with 2 boxes from Jegs, crossmember in one and the lower control arms and strut rods in the other. Maybe I can stick them in this week and see how they look.

All I know is, don't say S**T about Dillinger Chassis, or these guys will get so butt-hurt so fast your head will spin.

I don't know anything about Dillinger so it's not likely that I would say anything about them. I will get the parts out tomorrow and snap a few pictures and post them. They looked very nice but I only briefly looked at them( I was blowing leaves at the time) The car I am using them on is an original 1970 340 Swinger that I have had apart since the early 1990's. My cousin painted it Go-Mango and I was going to change it to big bolt pattern so I bought the tubular uppers because I couldn't find any decent originals. I like the K frame because of the extra clearance for headers and oil pan. This car is going to get a 4 inch stroke 340 and I am changing it to 4 speed just because I like stick cars. I already had the K frame out and painted and ready to e-install but I really liked the tubular lowers and K member so I thought I would give them a shot. I was also planning on getting the Borgenson steering box changeover. I plan on driving this thing a lot.

-
Back