Anyone from Salt Lake City?

-

dgc333

Reaction score
My job is here in Mass is closing down latter this year and is relocating to Salt Lake. I have an opportunity to go with it and would like to talk with some folks that live in the area.

Anyone willing to give me a run down on what it's like to live in Salt Lake city area?

Thanks!

not in Salt Lake City but am not to far off in Idaho and have been to Salt lake a few times.
Not sure I can answer alot of questions for ya but feel free to send me a p.m. and i will do what i can.

-RPM

Visited for 14 days back around '91, beautiful area. I went for the trout fishing and have never had a better time with trout swimming in and out of your legs in the 20 inch plus class, not to mention the mule deer, antelope, and mountain goats it seemed like everywhere. go check it out, the skiing is beyond compare, natre trails everywhere. as far as the cost of living, can't help. Good luck!

Salt Lake City is really near some great mountain recreation, skiing, fishing, hunting, hiking etc. Best of all its really close to a place I spend a LOT of time at.... Yellowstone National Park which is around 5 hours away, as well as being close to Teton National Park and Jackson Hole WY. Lots of outstanding outdoor recreation thats not too many hours away.

Thanks! I have been to Slat Lake a bunch of times (and my wife was there for work last fall) so we have a good idea what the area offers.

What I am really looking to know is what housing costs are, taxes and the general cost of living there compared to the Boston area. I would only consider this move if I can make the move and improve my standard of living.

RPM I sent you a PM

dgc333 said:
Thanks! I have been to Slat Lake a bunch of times (and my wife was there for work last fall) so we have a good idea what the area offers.

What I am really looking to know is what housing costs are, taxes and the general cost of living there compared to the Boston area. I would only consider this move if I can make the move and improve my standard of living.

RPM I sent you a PM

I suggest that you go to google.com and search for "salt lake city homes for sale" and you'll get a lot of hits. Search/check out some of them. I'm sure some of them will have an 800 number to talk and ask questions.

Some friends of mine were looking in the SLC area for rural property and found it expensive even compared to Los Angeles prices.

I live up in Ogden which is approx. 35 miles north of SLC.I think GT340 and GTGrinly have a good picture of the area around northern Utah.I dont visit salt lake much,i abhor it actually.To busy/nutty for me.If I wanted that I would move back to orange county in So Cal.one good way to judge the area is to check out the online newspapers for this area like the http://www.sltrib.com/ ,http://www.deseretnews.com/dn, http://www.standard.net/live .also have some mopar nuts here as well,Steve Hinckley at larry h miller dodge puts on a show every year.And as others said there is alot of local stuff to do,plus we can get to wendover,nevada for some gambling in short time.But bring your defensive driving skills cause these people dont drive for Crap! lol

-
Back