anyone from uk or australia here?

-
hi there! we thinking of emnigrating.as you do! whats your authourites like on loud cars etc? my pal over here<cop> said you got noise level doings on sides of road and the cops frown on old cars noise etc... ta, nathan. oh, naturally id like to ship my car.would i have to get registered and re tested<mot here>

There are noise level restrictions, yes. I live in Queensland...we don't have yearly inspections here, or smog tests.....but rego is expensive....over $1000 for a V8 for 1 year.
If you are a tradesman ( motor mechanic, diesel fitter, Heavy Vehicle mechanic, Carpenter, Plumber, Bricklayer, Electrician, etc), you'll find it easier to get here.....as for bringing in your car....I don't know....pretty sure you'll need heaps of proof that it is yours, and maybe whats done to it....and then to comply with requirements of rego'ing the car.
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Registering-vehicles.aspx
This web site will be of some help.

many thanks, im a electrician and we have a sponsor in new south wales< wifes uncle>said he give me all the work i can handle. whats the going rare for your typical muscle car over there? do many people drive them/ what do you have, nathan.

They fetch big money in original/as new condition.....but you still have to find someone that is willing to part with a lot of money.
NSW has a yearly inspection there.
Are you familiar with 240V single phase and 415V 3phase???
Yeah, people drive them.....Where abouts in NSW????....Hope it ain't Sydney!

240 yes, loads, some 3 phase, balancing distribution boards etc. ive been fitting stairlifts for years working for myself as the red tape on electrical over here gone mad. the countrys fkt! no not sydney, he did say where it was but not remember. just looked on egay aus. far more than what we have here! pay me to sell mine and get somthing your way:cheers:

I'm in the chat room....nobody there either....too early in the morning???.....LOL

im toying with the idea of taking my bike out, its dry but cold here.... another reason want to move!

Attachments

• chop as at 14-06-2010 002.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 71
  • chop as at 14-06-2010 003.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 69
Is that a kwaka engine??? in the chopper. I ride a Blackbird, and the wife rides a kwaka GPZ900R

ol skool 78 gs750 had loads bikes, gsxr etc but happy to just rumble along now lol, good bike the blackbird, mate has gpz900 kinda classic status here. ish. what car did you have?

Ahhh....after I typed the response....started to think...hang on...looks more like a Suzuki GS donk.....a mate of mine had a GS850...they were shaft drive.
I still have my 62 Valiant ( currently gathering bits & pieces )....my daily driver is a 93 Ford Falcon.

sweet, my cuda on the road< 440ci/hemi 4 speed> but ive started taking panels off the shot blast and restore before paint, kinda rolling resto, done so much in last few months, disk upgrade,axel swap, new wheels <4.5" from 4.0"> rewired whole car. got a vw t4 for work, popular here amongst the surf brigade.....like we got much surf in uk lol! surprised how popular mopar is your way, guess a lot of ford and chevy too

Ooohhh....your in the UK....thought you were USA......LOL

-
Back