Anyone going to the Chrysler Classic/Columbus

-

Glow Worm

"Not Your Grandmaw's 318"
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Chrysler Classic in Columbus Ohio next weekend (5/18, 5/19, 5/20)??????

I MIGHT go up on the 19th...... Not sure yet.

Hey Glow Worm, you don't by any chance live in Sciotoville do you?? I saw a killer Barracuda parked in a driveway out there when I was cruising yard sales last Saturday. It was gold with black stripes and had a vanity tag, but I can't for the life of me remember what it said... Dave in Rosemount.

Hey Glow worm, that's great. We're less than 10 miles apart.. I'm sure I'll see you at some of the cruise in's this summer!! Your car looked great from the street, of course I don't go poking around in people's driveways. That's a good way to get shot.. lol.

I yelled at one guy for driving up in my back yard and almost ran into my carport poles... WAS THAT YOU???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just kidding)

If I don't make it to Columbus (I still have to get some welding done on my exhaust, and get my Rallye wheels put on....) I'll probably be at one of the local gatherings..... Maybe the one in Greenup, Ky....Not sure yet.

I need some MOPAR support. Me and one buddy (He has a 65 Belvedere/Cross Ram/ B5 Blue...you've probably seen it) are the only two Mopar mainstays at most of the shows. WE always get a lot of "guff" from the GM boys....

Well, f@#$ the generic motors boys, boo boo... lol. No, I'm not the one that almost hit anything, I didn't even come to a complete stop. Although I did drive around the block for a second look. I'll be at some of the cruise in's this summer, the kids love them and we always have a good time. Right now time's been at a premium around here, I've been too busy working on the house and getting the kids to all their activities to play with the Scamp much. I do drive it around quite a bit when I get a chance on pretty evenings, as a matter of fact I took it to Lowe's just last week. Why not buy a new faucet in STYLE... Yes, I've seen the Belvedere, and there are a few other Mopars around too. There's a 68 Dart in progess in Portsmouth, a yellow Superbee around here somewhere, another 72 Scamp that's dark green with a /6 and looks showroom new, and so on. There's also the guy with the 56 Plymouth Savoy rat rod and the 49 Plymouth business coupe with a 305 (ack, spit) Chevy engine in it. And don't forget the bright red 72 Fury 2 door that shows up a lot. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you sometime soon, if you see the Scamp look for the fat redneck driving it and say hello!!

Made it to the Chrysler Classic. As usual, it was a waste of time. The weather sucked too.

I stopped back by the Country Store Cruise In in Lucasville, and stayed for a couple of hours.

The Ol' Barracuda ran well (up there and back). No problems at all.

I MIGHT make it to McDonalds this weekend.....depending on the weather, and if my boat is in the river, and if the Beer is cold......

It was nice to meet you though Jim.....It wasn't a waste IMO....I did find a fold down rear seat back for my car.....so i got yelled out my the wife for buying it. If I would have gotten home 10 minutes earlier I would have beat her home and she would have never known.

I guess my comment about the Classic being a waste of time needs some clarification.

I wanted to watch the cars run, and after the two consecutive "oil downs" and then the rain........and the cold......and the wind.........

Plus, this is the first time I didn't need anything (within reason) and I guess I was a little bored.

Just getting to match some faces to the names on the web sites was good, and I always enjoy seeing all of the Mopars!!!!

Being able to pick Big Mike's brain about the 318 a little bit more was the real reason I went up there.

It wasn't a wasted trip for sure.

-
Back