Anyone got a 4.7L?

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys have a 4.7 in your rides. I got my new one and i am trying to figure out what type of muffler i want to put on it. I had really great sounding ones on my 4.7 dakota but they were just a little loud on the interior sound. Looking for something with great tone but little interior sound. Any ideas?

Thanks

I've got a flowmaster 40 delta on my 2000 dakota 4.7 it's 1 into 2 duals to rear bumper. no problems with interior res. and sound good on outside

I have a single in dual out flo 40 on my Dodge Ram 5.9 motor. I once had duals running out from the motor to the back without the tips exposed past the bumper. It sounded really good without interior drone.

Later on I lowered the truck in the rear so that it was level. I mean I put a level on the back of the bed and it was level. LOL

With the truck lowered the pipe got to close to the speed sensor on the rear axle housing (I thought I smelt something burning). So I crawled under the truck and saw all-ed the rear pipes coming out the back off and did away with totally. Loud as heck with interior drone. I did get some turn down tips put on so technically it is dumped at the rear axle.

You said muffler so I'm assuming you're not going with true dual exhaust.

So maybe this shed a little light for Flo 40 ...2 Chambered muffler anyhow.

My 02 Dak had a Flowmaster 40 on it when I bought it. Single in to dual out. Sounds real good. Don't hardly hear it driving down the road unless the sliding rear window is open.

Well i think that i came up with a muffler for my truck. I don't know when i will go it, but it is good to have the ideas. Here is a pic of it. It is a Dynomax Ultra Flow, single 3" in/out.

wlk-17235.jpg

I'm running a single Flowmaster on my 4.7 Dakota Quad Cab. It sounds ok while it's idling, but when I shift(5 speed) it makes a crappy blat blat blat sound. And I get a pretty bad drone inside around 45 or so. I'm thinking of going with a Magnaflow or Dynomax myself.

-
Back