anyone got a carter bbd

-
cant you get those at advance autoparts? i got a 2bbl reman carter for my 318 for $105 after tax.

I picked up their cheapest version of the Carter BBD for $76!

It is for a 318 car and I am not sure what the future holds for the car yet. I just wanted to get it running as cheap as I could so I could sort out any other problems it has before putting together my plan of attack.

does anyone know if a carter bbd for a 318 will fit on a 225 /six and what mods will i need to do to covert from a holley 1920 i bbl

a 318bbd on a slant will work really well, you however need a 2bbl slant manifold for it to work, as well as all the throttle/kickdown linkage and possible throttle cable too.i just drilled out the jets in my slant 6 bbd till it got color on the plugs under "normal" all around driving conditions. picked up a second at the strip from the swap to a 2bbl and header on my 110,000 mile stock long block slant six.

BTW, of 3 carbs i had--including on new reman carb, the best working one i have is one that i literally pulled from a junk pile at a swap meet, took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together(same gaskets too---i was poor at the time). the reman one was junk---bad stumble no matter what i did, and the other was beyond rebuildable as it sat in the elements.

--chad

mopar performance use to have a part# for a aluminum 2bbl manifold, it was basically a new version of the original super six manifold. if you get just a manifold (cast iron or aluminum) , be prepared to find all the right linkage or fabricate your out (what i had to do because of the headers)

--chad

best place to find a 2 bbl for a slant is the junkyard. a 318 bbd will work fine on a slant, thats what i use. the only problem is with the choke. where the choke attaches to the carb it is different and ull need to get that piece specific to the slant bbd. or rework it to fir right. check out slantsix.org and got to the article section and look for the super six article. lotsa info.

73dart_swinger said:
best place to find a 2 bbl for a slant is the junkyard. a 318 bbd will work fine on a slant, thats what i use. the only problem is with the choke. where the choke attaches to the carb it is different and ull need to get that piece specific to the slant bbd. or rework it to fir right. check out slantsix.org and got to the article section and look for the super six article. lotsa info.

make some brackets and convert it to a manual choke.
my automatic choke on my 2bbl 318 SUCKS. it doesnt come off when its supposed to, the car diesels and stutters and runs like general crap when its on. so i unhooked it. its a little harder to get it started when its cool, but its not that bad. since summer is coming on im just going to leave it unhooked. ill convert it in the fall.

-
Back