Anyone have 70 AAR style hood on their 67-69 Barracuda

-
. They will do any scoop on any hood no additional fee. I spoke with them and the guy said they will do the AAR on any hood and I think they have larger sizes from 4” to 8”
That's really cool but it's hard to believe that it's that easy. Wouldn't they have to make a new form to accomplish this?

My hood should be here soon. What color should I go with. Same as body color or black.

B06EFEA3-6980-4453-91F5-B0C038B0703A.jpeg
Just arrived l!!!

IMG_1715.JPG
Thats a bad *** hood!
I am a bit late to the party but I love pin only on the hood. And quite frankly mine is very easy to manage by myself, guys will try and help and it is just easier to do with one man, down side is in fact what to do with it when off. Wind will pick it up. And lean it against wall and risk is there as well. Set it on ground and some goober will walk on it. On the roof is easiest and if it is a windy day I built a set of spacers like the B body boys.

LogansCuda, how was the quality on the hood?
I just got it somewhat on. I have to slot my hinges more to get to line up better. The instructions said that I may have to. Which I do. I have to move the holes back at least a 1/4 and it’s a pain doing it solo. The hood latch and release lined up good. When I close it with the pop up spring on it pulls the hood to left an1/8 “. The back right side looks lower than the left. The gaps are wider by the fenders than the original hood was. I still have some tweaking to do before I post pictures. I want to make sure it’s not me that is the problem and not manufacturer. I don’t know if I am supposed to use the pop up spring or not or If I need a weaker spring. The overall finish is good and looks like paint will flow Nicely on it without additional prep work.

I installed it have. I have not painted or prepped it looks like the right side by the cowl is a little lower and will have fill it in. I still need to trim the hinges a bit more. I am honing to paint it black. It looks really good to me all around. I am happy with it. The only other thing is hood pop spring, seems to strong and pushes the hood over to the right when I close it. So I removed to. Looking for another spring to modify. The hood realy changes the look of the car.

I just got it somewhat on. I have to slot my hinges more to get to line up better. The instructions said that I may have to. Which I do. I have to move the holes back at least a 1/4 and it’s a pain doing it solo. The hood latch and release lined up good. When I close it with the pop up spring on it pulls the hood to left an1/8 “. The back right side looks lower than the left. The gaps are wider by the fenders than the original hood was. I still have some tweaking to do before I post pictures. I want to make sure it’s not me that is the problem and not manufacturer. I don’t know if I am supposed to use the pop up spring or not or If I need a weaker spring. The overall finish is good and looks like paint will flow Nicely on it without additional prep work.
do you plan on painting it and the tops of the fenders like original AAR in Organisol Black?

I have not decided. Sooo I’m going to paint the fenders with that peal off paint to see what it will look like

-
Back