Anyone have a '99 Dodge Ram Factory service manual?

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
I'm doing a rebuild on a 1999 5.9 magnum from a Ram 2500.
I've been told that there are numbers stamped on the crank that will tell me
if any +1 or -1 bearings were used on this motor from the factory.
I guess you're suppose to be able to look these numbers up in the FSM and it will tell you.

Here's a few pics of the only stamped numbers I can find on the crank.

If anyone can decode these numbers it would be a big help.
If I cant figure it out, I'll just buy std size bearings and plastigauge them when installing.

Thanks

IMG_20170315_235506.jpg

IMG_20170315_235637.jpg

IMG_20170315_235729.jpg

IMG_20170315_235827.jpg

Sorry that was the 6 cyl.

5.9 seems the same!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks, that does help, at least now I know what I'm looking for.
I'll double check the #3 counter weight in the morning. But the pics show all the numbers I could find on the crank. Since none of the markings are R2, M3, etc, then I guess their all standard and I'm good to go with some new STD size bearings.

I would measure the crank to make sure. Someone could have turned the crank at some point and installed it. That would leave the factory markings incorrect

I would measure the crank to make sure. Someone could have turned the crank at some point and installed it. That would leave the factory markings incorrect
Pretty sure this motor has never been apart before. Guy I bought it from said it was from his brother in law's truck that he had since new but wrecked it. But it would be good to check I guess. Suppose to be a 75,000 mile engine.

Jus' knock a cap off and check the bearing since they'd be stamped if they were undersized. Seems quicker than fartin' around its and pretty accurate jmo:)

-
Back