Anyone have a Hemi Ram ?

-
I know my truck isn't a quad cab, but in case anyone cares, I drove it across the scales at work the other day, and it was 5280 pounds with me in it. That means the truck is like, 5030 pounds-ish.

Another thing I'm not thrilled with is the shocks. I just got done swapping the rears. I may do the fronts soon, depending on my opinion of the new rears.

Install smaller (shorter) bump stops on the front. It will allow more suspension travel therefore a better ride. I am a member of DodgeTalk.com and they/we have changed ours out. You will notice a difference! Go ahead and change those front shocks out also..you will be glad you did. I got mine from Just Suspension if I remember correctly. Dodge dropped the ball on the bump stop area. The newer trucks come with reinforced bump stop area because of this.

I have an 05 QC 1500 HEMI,

I don't know how you feel about doing some light moding to a truck but with a K & N CAI, a Flowmaster Exhaust and a Superchip reprogrammer i get 16 mpg on the street and 22 on the freeway. It gets better milage then my fathers 08 1500 QC HEMI with mds. Gas millage stock isn't the best on these things, but man is it powerful. I agree with burning tires and gas!

That's about the same gas mileage I get.

I got the KN CAI, Flows, and the Superchip. I removed the Superchip when the gas went out of sight because it suggested 93 octane. I know they have 3 different settings...isn't the first setting a gas mileage setting?

You might think I have lost my mind but I installed 4:56 gears in my truck. It actually helped my gas mileage! Our trucks have over drive. Over drive combined with the 4:56 gears helps the motor not lug. Like you are on the highway and you have cruise set and you go up a hill the truck will not gear down to stay at the MPH that it is set at. This saves gas by not gearing down and compensate for the hill. I have not found a hill that it had to kick down yet. It used to do it all of the time with the other gears which where 3:55. Its really hard to explain but the a lot of members including myself on DodgeTalk.com have changed the gears. I didn't believe it at first but it is true.

I have a 04 1500 4dr Sport, Love it, no problems so far. Had a 98 1500 before that with no problems either. Good Luck

DSC05980.jpg

I bit the bullet last July and coughed up $31K for this loaded 2007 Hemi Ram 4x2 Laramie.

So far, I cannot complain one little bit.

Averages 15 mpg around town (although I have seen as little as 12 mpg) and the best Mileage I have gotten out of it on the highway is 23 mpg with occupants only,...no payload.

It is governed to 108 mph, although it has plenty of power.....it can pull a loaded trailer 108 mph too.

The 2007's have MDS (Multi-Displacement), and ESP (Electronic Stability Program=Traction Control).

I have 14K miles on it right now, on my 4th oil change, getting ready for my 1 year anniversary inspection.

So far I am really pleased with the quality of this truck, being the first vehicle I have ever purchased that was brand new.

Good Luck with your selection!

I vote BLACK!!!

Don't buy a Hemi, you can make more power with a 360 and better fuel economy

What? I don't see how a 360 would be more efficient. Updated 50's wedge-head small-block vs. modern Hemi/bathtub-chamber engine, or am I missing something here?

NO WAY the 360 is a brute,,,but it is also a gas eatin motha,, 360 in 4X4 around town,,some hills here and there 9/11 mpg,,,

if your looking for a used hemi ram,, 2006 was the first year for the cylinder deactivation in the truck,,,it is not an option it is standard on the hemi 5.7,,i could never figure out why it took 2 years to show up in the truck,,

they claim 14 mpg around town in a 4x4,, im not sure what the est high way mileage is,,,

HEMI,S RULE

Just got rid of our 2004 Quad Cab Hemi last Monday. It was the wife's daily driver and it was eating us out of house & home with the fuel consumption. Got her a new Caliber SRT4 with the turbo 2.4 and a six-speed. I don't normally go for wrong-wheel-drive vehicles, but that damned thing runs pretty hard and I kinda like it. Now I have to install a hitch on my SS/T to pull the car trailer around...

Ray

Nittos are on it now and i like them last set was yokohoma and they did not last long at all. then the goodyears from the factory was good too.

3 years ago i hauled to southern fla with wife and 2 kids in august so A/C was wide open on interstate 75 ran from 75 to 95 all the way. the overhead computer said i was getting 17. something but i did the math the old way at every fill up and i was getting from 21.1 to 23.5 but she is not getting that now for sure.

i had an 03 quad cab 4x4 4.7 slt, it was a really nice truck. severly underpowered with the 3.55s and 4.7 though. it was notably better on fuel than what i quickly replaced it with. an 03 hemi reg cab 2500 4x4 with 4.10s. it is a pig on fuel and rides like *** but its what i wanted, a workhorse. the 1500 was always hunting for gears with the 3.55s, tranny seemed to start acting funky, axle seals were leaking on the front diff. i kept overloading my 1500, i had it on the bump stops several times and just figured it wasnt going to cut it for me. with my 2500 i get about 12 mpg high 12s after a volant air intake, put a maganflow muffler on and i think i lost less than 1/2 mpg. before i put the intake on it was common to average in the 11s, i have averaged as high as 13.4mpg wit hthe muffle rnad intake. its not exactly a brute for towing, i have to say i exppected a little better, but the hemi seems to shine at higher rpm. which i dont really use. now for my 2 cents, if i was to buy another dodge, im not sure if id spring for the diesel, but i really doubt id get 4x4. most likely 4x2 quad cab hemi 2500, a stick would be interesting. i would think it within reason to gain as much as 2 mpg going to 2wd 2500, the front axle as a pretty susbstantial piece ,this truck is a real porker on the scales, and you cant un lock the hubs. all that rotating mass. i can count on both hands the times i have used my 4wd. i think for the initial cost of 4wd and the extra fuel consumed and wear and tear on more moving parts, it really is not worth it. i know the rear diffs have had some problems in the 1500s, i have many friends with late dodges. dont go for an 03 as they have stalling issues that may or may not be fixed with a flash, consider a 2500 if you need 4wd, the 4wd on the 1500 is pretty light with the aluminum front diff housing and r&p steering, and steer clear of the 360 models. they are even worse on fuel and the guys i know with them have eaten trannys like candy. they also had the v 10 in the 03 2500 which id steer clear of because it was a one year deal for that body truck and parts availability might be an issue down the road. i have one friend that is nearing 140k on his 04 hemi, it shows its wear and tear but the only problem he had was his rear diff.

Im looking at buying a 2002-2006 quad cab 1500 series Ram with a 5.7L to replace my 3.9L 98 Dakota sport. Anything I should look out for ?

I have had two now. An 04 and now a 07 quad cab 4x4s. I think in 06 they came with the hemi that dropped down in cylinders. Starts out using all 8 then to 6 and then to 4 if the highway conditons are good. I have found both to be pigs on gas but the 07 (with dropped down cyls) seems to have decent hwy mpg. Last spring the truck was only 1 week old and we took a trip to Carlisle, 902 miles one way and got there easily on 2 tanks of gas.

Hey Adam,
I have an 06 Quad Cab 1500 4x4. Honest to God, I average 16-18 mpg overall. I've taken it to Florida a couple of times from here in Pa. On those trips, I averaged 22 mpg !! Mine has the Automatic trans, and that system (can't remember the name) that cuts out cylinders on the highway. And Hell NO, I don't pussyfoot it either. Anybody comes near Big Red learns real fast what the rear bumper looks like. LOL
As far as color, mines Red obviously, but I'd kill for one in Cool Vanilla. I get a chubby every time I see that color.

Just my 2 cents
John

I have an 05 QC 1500 HEMI,

I don't know how you feel about doing some light moding to a truck but with a K & N CAI, a Flowmaster Exhaust and a Superchip reprogrammer

I have a feeling the truck will see a few mods, It will get a flowmater all most right away. Then a CAI and programmer, a 2/5 drop SRT10 or Rumble Bee hood and perhaps some 4.56s. :-D

Looks like I got one. Got a great deal on a 04 2500. Hemi SLT Sport in Flame Red, Flowmaster cat back all ready installed. It was every thing I wanted but a 2500 instead of a 1500. 50,000 miles on the clock priced at $16,000

Awful, All my driving is in town, stop and go. Im getting around 10mpg. I put $45 a week in it and get about 110 miles out of it.

Other then mileage I love the truck. It does need tires and I believe a set of front U joints though.

had one, check on the hypertech and a k&n the should help you out by about 2-3 mpg, sharp truck!!!!

I installed the K&N on mine. I didn't take note of the mileage however. I did it more for performance which didn't seem to help much. You can take the lower part of the stock breather box and drill 2" or 2 1/2" holes in it and that opens up the flow. I've seen that done numerous times to trucks on another website.

Has a K&N filter in it and a Flowmaster cat back. Sounds evil under wot, drone at cruise sucks though.

-
Back