Anyone have a source for these?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Im building a custom harness for my 73 and need to find some of these connectors. Also is there a source for the black plugs that plug into the firewall? You know the ones that are melted in every car in the junkyard.

DSC04072.gif

DSC04072.gif

Man I looked high and low for these connectors without any luck and one day was in the local GM dealer to have some work done on my wife's Grand Prix and noticed they had a huge selection of electrical connectors. I asked the guy if I could look through them and he said sure. Found a ton of them. Exactly like the originals. Not sure if every GM dealer has them or not cause it looked like a universal assortment deal. If you can't find them PM me and I can get you some and mail them to you. I think he charged me .25 cents a piece for them.

As far as the black connector goes. The only place I've seen them sold seperately is on E-bay and that's been a while back.

napa has them, your best bet is to go to a shop that specializes in them and take the picture you just presented me with and print that off. then ask them where they get it from!

one of my accounts had to redo my wiring and he replaced a few of those in my bulkhead!

hope that helps.

i wish i had a book here to help you but i havent taken one of those yet!

Cerwin

Cerwin said:
napa has them,
Cerwin

Man NAPA in Canada must be different than the US. We looked through all their books and in their computer system less than 6 months ago and they didn't have them. They had some similiar but not close enough to engage properly in the connector.

I even tried Terminal Supply Corporation in St.Louis with no luck.

Now Im just getting pissed off. Everytime I find some online I cant order them cause Im not a dealer.

IT IS NOW MY MISSION TO FIND A SOURCE FOR THESE LITTLE BASTARDS. A SOURCE THAT WE ALL CAN RAPE AND PILLAGE FOR ALL THE LITTLE WIRE CLIPPY TERMINAL THINGIES WE COULD EVER WANT. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND THIS SOURCE, I WILL DESTROY ALL THAT GET IN MY WAY AND STRIKE FEAR IN THE HEARTS OF ALL THE 17 YEAR OLD PARTS MONKIES THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT A CLIPPY TERMINAL THINGY IS, THEY WILL ALL RUN AND HIDE WHEN THEY HEAR THE POWERFULL ROAR OF THE 360 IN MY SCAMP. AND WHEN THEY SAY THAT I CAN NOT ORDER THE TERMINAL THINGIES I WILL FLING OWL BARF AT THEM!!!!

Ok now that I have taken this way too far, I am going to bed!

:worthles:

Sorry man. After that I just couldn't resist!!!

BTW when you do find them make sure and get steel ones like the originals were not brass ones like the ones on that auveco site. Unless you change the inside one to brass it will corode pretty fast. Unlike metals don't get well along together.

Also the proper name for them is a spade terminal.

They are a Standard # CG8* or ET709 for the male and # CG7* or ET708 for the female. Just find someone that sells Standard electic wiring or components like Carquest and they should be able to get it for you. The also come in terminal assortment kit #CGA1. Hope that helps. :headbang:

-
Back