Anyone have a Thermoquad tune up sheet handy?

-

macdrew77

Reaction score
It's killing me trying to find any sort of baseline specifications for tuning my 9800s Thermoquad. I need to set the accel pump plunger height, So if anyone has a sheet handy or a picture of one that would be much appreciated.

It's killing me trying to find any sort of baseline specifications for tuning my 9800s Thermoquad. I need to set the accel pump plunger height, So if anyone has a sheet handy or a picture of one that would be much appreciated.

Ahhh sir...you have come to the right place!!!

Been doing work with TQs for years now...I have an 9800 series in my coupe as well. I've attached the setup instructions for the matching Carter carb kit, this should get you started.

Post some more info regarding your combo and what you're looking to do...in the meantime I've got a pile of info from numerous test 'n tune sessions on my carb and wideband O2 meter, happy to share.

9800 Carb Kit Instructions - P1.jpg

9800 Carb Kit Instructions - P2.jpg

9800 Carb Kit Instructions - P3.jpg

11/16th of an inch! Thanks so much, I will try that out.
My combo is a 318 supposedly rebuilt by P.O., unknown specs really. 302 heads with 273 rockers,performer rpm intake, headers, dual exhaust, hei ignition. Just looking to get this motor running as strong as it can after all the troubles I've had bringing it back to life, and everything I've had to replace.
Would love to hear more about your successes with TQs. I really love the idea of them and some of the tech they implement, but I'm worried my TQ might not be in the best shape even after my rebuild.

11/16th of an inch! Thanks so much, I will try that out.
My combo is a 318 supposedly rebuilt by P.O., unknown specs really. 302 heads with 273 rockers,performer rpm intake, headers, dual exhaust, hei ignition. Just looking to get this motor running as strong as it can after all the troubles I've had bringing it back to life, and everything I've had to replace.
Would love to hear more about your successes with TQs. I really love the idea of them and some of the tech they implement, but I'm worried my TQ might not be in the best shape even after my rebuild.

uhhh it says 11/32 not 11/16...Big difference

-
Back