anyone have Comp Eng. frame connectors?

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
My Competition Engineering frame connectors came yesterday, so before work today I figured I'd just scoot under there to see how they fit.

Well, they don't. Kinda..At the rear where they slide onto the rear subframe, the outer "tab" aint gonna slide over the frame due to what looks like a factory torque box. Right in front of the spring hanger.

They are part #C3115, for "all Demon, Duster." Demon. That'd be me. AND the number is stamped on the connector, so I know they are the right part.

I'm wondering if the factory added some steel on the 340 cars, in the back, like they did up front with the torque boxes there. My buddy's 318 Demon has no torque boxes up front, mine does. Can't check the back on his since it's backhalved.

Any info, as usual, would be greatly appreciated.

If any of you guys has a non 340 Demon, maybe you could roll under there and look for a rear torque box.

Figured I'd call Comp Eng tomorrow just to check. I think I'm gonna be doing some cutting and welding. What the hell. I was planning on welding them, in addition to the bolts anyhow.

Just buy some 2x3 box tubing and make your own. I have about $25 into some 2x2 .125 wall that I am going to make mine out of

How about showing us some pictures of your problem. It's hard to visualize things sometimes.

Will snap a pic tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be able to post it, but I'll try.

Best way to descibe the situation is: What I'm referring to looks just like the factory torque boxes up front, but just in front of the rear spring mounts.

Was gonna make my own, had a $100 Summit credit and 25 bucks off so they were damn near free.

I have a 71 340 duster and comp. eng. sub connectors. My car is on the rotiseri right now
but I didn't like the connectors. You will also have trouble with the E-brake cables. You will need to find another way to mount them also. Comp eng. dropped the ball on these as far as I'm concerned. I do like Jo D's 2x3 suggestion and will probably try that myself when the weather gets warm again.

-
Back