Anyone have extremely stupid neighbors?

-
My friend Dave put a turbo 400 in his 85 Grand prix, when he found that the trand mount woundn't line up he used a chain and a pad lock wrapped around the tailshaft and the crossmember to hold it in place. Then, after doing a nice street restoration on his 68 442, he decided he wanted a tri power instead of the four barrell so he took the intake off and let it sit that way for years...until he bought a real numbers matching 69 Z/28. When I had resto shop I did a perfect, frame off show car restoration on the Z/28. It cost him a pretty penny, I finished the car, gave it back and it sits next to the 442...he never even started it. 12 years and the engine has never even turned over !

Had a buddy in HS that I thought he was a moron when he told me he was going to build a hood scoop for his 82 Capri out of a snowmobile cowling. Turns out he had the vision and the skills to pull it off and make it look really good. Little did I know I was seeing the first glimmer of his future. He has been an accomplished autobody guy for years now.

Now i do admit he has spent quite a bit of money.. But i just couldnt figure him out.. why in the world would you pay 1700 for a transmission, and then go to putting "bedframe" with screws!!!!??? I was scared as hell to be under that thing.. He told my dad if he'd ever part with it, he'd like to get "7000 cuz he gots 4 into the motor alone" i told him it had better come with your truck to help push it off a cliff.. He honestly thinks its a street/strip car with looks to die for.. I dunno guys i think we have been doing it all wrong!! :D maybe im stupid because im using bolts on my crossmember??

Egg him on to see if you can get him to do some burnouts (without you in the car) and see if you can make him keep at it until he breaks it....

Then walk away...

Hahaha rofl lol yeah ill try that lol ^^^ ill tell him to rev it to the moon and dump the clutch!! Or say "hey, man do ya think it can burn rubber!" watch him get mad and jump in the car and find out lol.. I wouldnt be surprised if more stuff breaks ... Let me just add his welding is "top notch"...... to a redneck lol.. He once made a swing set, about 14 feet high out of fence poles about 1 3/4".. And he later asked me if "his welds came out nice.. Lets just say i hope no one's kids get on that death trap...

Lol i wish my dad had a datsun pickup when i was in school.. I hated school... Oh, im quoting my neighbor, "i never went to school, and im doing pretty good!, i got my own house, my"lil car" my truck my boat(fugliest boat ever with again some john engineering to it lol) well to me i did pretty good and i didnt go to school past 4th grade" so he says... Sorry guys if i had a camera i would snap away, and tell him "oh its for the guys n gals on fabo, for when they wanna swap to a 5 speed!" :D i still cant believe he drives that car 40 somethin miles one way and back everyday! Maybe his engineering is pulling though!

Yes, and the worst part is I own the house. 3 years ago we subdivided and built a new house, then rented out our old house to a single mom and moved into our new house - she was great, overly clean, paid rent on time, my wife figured she had a thing for me as she called me every time a light burnt out or the toilette paper roll needed replacing, but I didn't care, she was taking care of the place. It was too much house for her, so 8 months ago she moved into a condo and we re rented the house - to two guys in their mid thirty's who worked in the food service industry. Big mistake, everything they told us was a lie from the beginning. They signed a one year lease, that stated non smoking and no pets. Turns out they immediately moved cats in, and they smoke, then 2 or 3 other guys moved in. I didn't expect them to be clean like single mom was, and looked beyond things - we only smoke outside, its an outdoor cat, yada yada....

Then they break their one year lease agreement last month, buddy moved out, we cant afford it anymore, so I go in to have a look and show some new people the house - 3 interior doors kicked in, they drove a car through the closed garage door, then glued it back together, cigarette burns in the carpet, dope around, incredibly dirty, carpets are trashed, cat sh*t in every room, on the carpets, on the walls.... freakin idiots.

All I can say is its a good thing they are moving out now, rather than later. Have a new family set up to move in Dec 1st.

Wish me luck.

Was down the road trimming trees today. Car trailer full of branches etc. Ear plugs in safety glasses on, chainsaw running, walking towards the last tree I was going to take down. Neighbor drives by and asks "What are doing?". Same neighbor that drove by when we were out there with a cement mixer, bags of cement, rail road ties staked up plum and asked the very same question.

Gee inkjunkie do ya think our neighbors could be related? I was painting some chrome valve covers for my teen Awhile back, he comes up and says what you doing eli?(bloodshot eyes and smelling like skunk) i said" nuthin much just welding" he had a wtf?? Face after that...

Robert......A man of many words....

Gee inkjunkie do ya think our neighbors could be related? I was painting some chrome valve covers for my teen Awhile back, he comes up and says what you doing eli?(bloodshot eyes and smelling like skunk) i said" nuthin much just welding" he had a wtf?? Face after that...
Very well could be. After the first time it happened with my neighbor it became sort of a joke. We would be sitting down eating dinner and Ernestina would ask me what are you doing?. We have a pair of African Grey parrots, they are very good at repeating things. Now one of them will ask what are you doing and the other one will answer by making a farting sound......

Anyone have extremely stupid neighbors?

LOL... I live in Los Angeles and that goes without saying

You could always look at as they are providing entertainment.....

Hey! My other neighbor, my highschool friend, has an african grey,(hes a good neighbor) he bough it down the street for 80 bucks. I was amazed and called him an idiot for telling me he purchased it for that ammount, sure enough he proved me wrong and told the man standing by a store if it was true or not -__- theyre extremely smart birds if i might say his mimicks gunshots lol..I dunno the entertainment this guy puts on usually leads to something breaking.. Me and my dad made a deck of redwood for the front porch, had it all done, and stained ... The same guy comes over and walks all over the new stained wood saying "damn! It came out pretty good!" me and my dad turned back slowly, i watched as my dad exploded lol.. Another time he walks in our house after the carpet just got done, (right before we moved in) no vents over the holes in the ground, he walks by and slam! He falls into the heater/ac duct , which later me and my dad had to replace..

Painting chrome?

You all know you have them. You know that guy that bumps his music till 3' in the morning, or the person that has to revv the piss outta his car for some odd reason every single morning, 2 hours after the other stupid guy... Well yeah i have those.. But this other one takes the cake, he is extremely not well in the noggin, he spends his time smoking the funny grass, and drinking so you could imagine why lol. So awhile back he did a 5 speed swap into an ugly automobile, a 63 futura.. He says its a solid 425 hp /490 ft/lbs car... So im checking it out and notice his engine is really tilted in the rear..i say hey john wassup with your motor? He immediately trys to drop some knowledge on me and says "its set like that on purpose".. So i look under, and couldnt believe what i saw..... He made the trans crossmember outta frickin bedframe!! So im like wtf!? So i say oh my god it cant be that bad, then it starts to scare the sh** outta me so i get out from under the car and scram outta his place.

Lol i know this is a long post but i couldnt belive what i saw.. The reason i got out from under the car so damn fast was.... That he didnt use bolts.. Get this.. He used self tapping screw's along with long galvanized screw's with puny little 1"x1" wood on the otherside to hold (some) of the 50 or so screws... Now i live in the freaken ghetto and thought i had seen it all.. I was so freaking wrong hahaha. It amazed me on how stupid he actually is.. (hes okie) too, but never have i seen this before... He siad ill give you a ride and i gave him my bugeyed face.. Later I even (politely) told him he was gonna have to fix that, or never give anyone a ride.. He got so pissed, because he was pretty sure it was "heavy duty" , and that i was full of chit.. It got to the point of where he was name calling, mopar bashing, my car is better than yours chit, etc I let him know if he ever unleashed his full 250 horses of pure 302 power it would all blow to smitherines.. Has anyone else seen or heard of stuff ike this??

You should show him how to do it right so he dont kill someone drivin it like that

You guys got me laughing soo hard i'm crying!!! I too have seen lots [rigged/ okie stuff!!] When I was a teen and just getting into cars, I too did my share !! That is one hilarious forum !!!!!!! Thanks Every body !!

I was with my Dad picking up materials for his gutter business. When we went to leave he noticed a green puddle under the truck. Took a piece of scrap wood and sharpened it to a point. Found which tube was wet and pounded it into what he hoped was the leak. That piece of wood was sticking the grill for the next 2 years....

I live in "the ghetto"(horrible apartments) and i have plenty of stupid neighbors.

The guy above me occasionally plays his music real loud, gets drunk and passes out so it plays for hours on end. One time on his patio i gave up and after yelling "hey A$$hole wake, you dumb bleep bleep bleep" and threw some coins at him. Still stayed on for a few more hours.

And had two nasty ghetto crack-whores on my apt's opposing side that played music. 1st visit was "hey, i'm your neighbor and i've got a huge test tomorrow, can you turn it down please"(music turned up)...2nd visit "I asked nicely, what the bleep is your problem?"(turned down for 5 minutes, turned back up) 3rd time....thought better of it. Went to study at a friends and Reported their asses. Then i did so every time they started the music and got them evicted.

Wow not sure it compares but I remember a guy I went to school with many years ago (80s) who rebuilt the 327 in his 69 camaro and he put lock washers on the rod bolts. He couldn't believe they left them off at the factory when it was originally built. He could never figure out why he could not keep up with my 67 dart with 318 2v.

You think that is bad....My Buddy made a homemade deep oil pan for his 440.He cut the oil pick up tube in half and spliced it back together with a piece of garden hose.

The same Guy also put a 440 in a 1985 Olds cutlass.He had the motor in most of the way and the 440 did not quite fit,so he stood on top of the cowl and beat in the firewall with a sledge hammer.

The same Guy also put a 440 in a mid 80's Chevy truck.He also made a convertable out of a 74 Coronet station wagon.

He also bought a basket case 69 GTS.In one week He had all the bodywork done and in paint.You can only imangine what it looked like when it was done.

Some people just should not be in the car hobby!!!

What?! This guy sounds amazing!

Lol yeah that guys amazing i thought so too, i thought his work was ingenious.. :D ..... 74dart360, maybe i should start clarifying, whatever it is i write that you read, i sandblasted the chrome off.. They were new and given to me, but i wanted them to match my block (burnt copper metallic) i dont like chrome too much lol.... yeah he wont listen, ive lost fingers to count with, after telling him (politely) to do things right, after he said he doesnt like to "mickey mouse" stuff on his car.... Which i dont get at all lol... Like the muffler guy that told him to get his car the hell out of his shop, for obvious reasons.. He told him he couldnt have one of his workers killed from a falling engine and transmission... and now i get it lol.. My neighbor says" see people like him dont like working, they dont appreciate hotrodding" which left me further in my "what the f*** just happened" mode....

Two Words ....Super Glue....That **** will hold any thing!!!

You all know you have them. You know that guy that bumps his music till 3' in the morning, or the person that has to revv the piss outta his car for some odd reason every single morning, 2 hours after the other stupid guy... Well yeah i have those.. But this other one takes the cake, he is extremely not well in the noggin, he spends his time smoking the funny grass, and drinking so you could imagine why lol. So awhile back he did a 5 speed swap into an ugly automobile, a 63 futura.. He says its a solid 425 hp /490 ft/lbs car... So im checking it out and notice his engine is really tilted in the rear..i say hey john wassup with your motor? He immediately trys to drop some knowledge on me and says "its set like that on purpose".. So i look under, and couldnt believe what i saw..... He made the trans crossmember outta frickin bedframe!! So im like wtf!? So i say oh my god it cant be that bad, then it starts to scare the sh** outta me so i get out from under the car and scram outta his place.

My friend Dave put a turbo 400 in his 85 Grand prix, when he found that the trand mount woundn't line up he used a chain and a pad lock wrapped around the tailshaft and the crossmember to hold it in place.[/QU ....... Hey.... Wait i know what he was trying to do! Its a "suh-fist-ikated" torque strap isnt it? I've seen them before.... Yup im pretty sure summit sells em' for 185 + shipping.. designed for 85' grand prix's but available for universal use :D

There was a kid who hung with us back in the day. He had an early 70's Cutlass, like a 72 with a standard 350. He was cruising with us one day and showed us the engine. His hood latch was broken, so they used 18 gauge speaker wire to tie it shut... WTF???

We go cruising throught he "S" curves around 65 and the speaker wire let loose and the steel hood folded in half at the hinges from the wind force. Now the hood blocked his vision. Luckily he got the car stopped, we unbolted the hood and left it on the side of the road so he could get to work in an hour..

He shoulda used at least 16 - 14 gauge.... Or something stronger.... Maybe replace the hood latch with one that worked....

Reminds me of my brother in laws 68 mustang (now my brothers) that car was nice.. Cadillac black saphire paint. It was nice but little did people know, there was all sorts of things going on.. For one he owned the car for 8 years straight, and the door never functioned as it should have.. He had a dying bungie cord holding the door shut .. If i was in the back seat, i would be scared as hell, hoping the bungie wouldnt snap on my leg..being the youngest, i always had to sit there... It was all dried up, stretched beyond its limits, and looking like it was about to tear lol no one ever wanted to sit behind the driver seat in that car.. Same person used jb weld for everything! He probly spent close to 8000 dollars on jbweld during the period he owned the car lol... Hey i admit i made an adapter for two 4 barrels out of 1/8th inch thick steel plate lol, it worked and does still, it doesnt look too oakie, does its job of "holding" two 500 eddies too i used it to bolt to my stock iron 360 intake..

-
Back